1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Anti Lau Strategies (using any character.)

Discussion in 'Lau' started by beanboy, May 15, 2020.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Now, I don't normally tell anyone this, but this is something I knew years ago. If you are dealing with a Lau player, that is spamming strings like:

[P][P][P] that ends with [2][+][K], or [K], or [7][+][K]

Or

[3][+][P][P][P] [2][+][K], or [K], or [7][+][K]

If he's close enough and you are blocking, as you see the first two punches, hit your blocking character, immediately do [2][+][P]. Your character will duck under the 3rd punch, and knock Lau out of the string. This works in VF3tb and VF4 Evo.

Note, this takes some practice, because his punch combo is fast, and if you take a milli second too long, his third punch will hit, and you'll be in trouble. But the time space, between his 2nd punch and his 3rd punch, leaves him open.

I see many people offline and online playing VF5 FS, strangely blocking the entire [P][P][P] [2][+][K], or [K] or [7][K] strings, and trying to attack, after Lau ends with the kick attack. But you don't have to do that. Because anytime Lau does his punching strings, he leaves himself open, after his second punch.

Also, if he's close, after blocking the first 2 punches, immediately let go of the block button and do:

Lion - [4] [3][+][P]

Lion - [2] [K] [K] (This one is strangely tough to pull off in VF4 Evo.)

Wolf - [3] [P][+][K] ( Lau must be really close.)

Goh - [4] [3] [+][P]

Sarah - [2] [K][+][G] (This one requires some good timing.)

Akira - ?

Pai - [2] [K][+][G]

I was going to make a video on it, but my silly laptop is down.:confused:

More anti Lau strategies, will be posted here by me, in this first post.

Will check for errors soon.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Tricky and jimi Claymore like this.
  2. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I would like to respond to the HIGH LEVEL TROLLING POST, please.

Now, do you know why people wait for Lau to finish that string?

3. beanboy

A high level trolling post? Hmmmm. Interesting.

4. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    If you know the opponent is going to do the entire string, you're better off just blocking, you'll get a much better punish than just 2P

beanboy likes this.
  5. beanboy

I'll put more up in a while in my first post.