1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singaopre Tournament Update 2

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

OK fellas, you are not going to believe this. I have a PS2 with VF4! Did a lot of convincing talk on my wife. "Please, I will die without VF! Well, not really. I will die without you but I need my dose of VF..Please please...."/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

It looks as though we own and run our own machine. Yeah! But we have to wrap it up by 12 midnight on whatever day we are doing it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. I only have 2 guest beds just in case you guys get an overdose of VF and are unable to handle the competition /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. A food court is just opposite my place. No fancy chicks ala Bugis. I'm only stocked up with water and microwave popcorn.

Well, according to some, the tournament is a little short on notice. So.... I will push it back one week to 23 Mar. Anyway, it is wiser. Since it is the Lunar New Year and I'm married, I have to give out red packets to every contestant coming to my home! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. Yikes!

For those with PS2 and would like to bring your own sticks, you are most welcome. BTW, mine is a<a target="_blank" href=http://www.vwalker.com/vmag/series/kaimono/kaimono_10_1/kaimono04.html> Blaze Twin Stick</a>. Heavy and very arcade. With ball and stick config but P2 start button is way too close to the P2 joystick. Bumping onto it will trigger an accidental pause. Something you don't want in a tournament.

Still, just a reminder. Entries must be sent to genie47@fastmail.fm. Please include your real name, character you intend to use and your VFDC username. Deadline is 21 Mar. Suggestions and gripes, please direct send them to genie47@edsamail.com.sg.

The address to my place and directions to get there will be emailed to all contestants personally. Spectators are most welcome. I don't intend to write reports on the matches. Only the results and how I do it, especially on repechage. Far too many tournaments have been DE without repechage, hopefully this will be one that gives good or better players a chance to move up even if a fluke results.

BTW, the matches may be recorded via VCR. I have a setup and it is possible that the everything will be posted on one of the VF media FTP sites. Yes, the whole world will know how good or sucky we are /versus/images/icons/blush.gif. If my setup works, that is.

2. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I see that you r thinking of having a VF4 PS competition...

I haf managed to get a Hori VF4 Joystick (the one wif Akira n the VF4 gang on the base). If you all are interested to borrow it from me, i can get my friend to lend. But condition must be maintained.

Sad to say i've only managed to get 1 b4 i left for Kobe. My friend knows Zhifeng (Shundi). Get Zhifeng to liaise with Clifton(SISPEC 'A' Coy 1999).

3. Genie47

Lau Abuser,

I have actually made it possible for anyone with a PS2 to bring their own joysticks if you are only comfortable with your own stick. Fencers either use rented weapons or brought their own. In our case, contestants can "rent" mine which is FOC /versus/images/icons/smile.gif or bring their own.

In fact, if you congregate with some pals playing VF4 in so-and-so's place with his PS2, you can come together to use the same sticks. No worries. Go to options and change the stick config before your match. Perfectly legal.

Thanks for your offer to use your sticks. Why use others if you can use yours /versus/images/icons/smile.gif that is if you have one.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Uhm genie
    pushed back a week..so...the tourney is gonna be in feb..not march...correct?~

No?~

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

That is fantastic. I really want to play in ver C. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Vanessa is not really stronger but ahem.. certain other characters are weakened so it is better.

And I want to show my new short hair Vanessa. I must try to get the blond one /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

And I can do the 3/4 throws with quite good accuracy now on my hori stick. It is in Feb right? How is the response? Maybe some of the regulars do not come to this site...

6. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Hmm, haven't tried ver. C before......maybe be we can have some sparring sessions at some kind soul's place. *hint hint*

/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. Genie47

Only got 5 who emailed. I will "advertise" when I go down to Bugis and AMK. A great time will be when Myke arrives. Partly the reason I postponed it. Can't leave Myke all alone in a weekend /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

err.. is it Feb or March???

9. Genie47

Feb 23 Sat.