1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore, Bugis, VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Jeff, what I was referring to was NOT to Tap Recover (P+K+G recovery). Tried it a coupla times, and it seems to work somewhat, though there are certain times when I'm not certain if I automatically keyed in the command due to muscle reflex.....

Oh well, we can try for certain later in the week.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Just in case you didn't know, for HCB+P+G > P+G, the stomp isn't guaranteed.

<hr></blockquote>

I think it's only not guaranteed in the sense that it can miss sometimes. If you input u+P right away, there's no way for the opponent to struggle out of the pounce. It may miss, sure, but the pounce adds on 25 points, making it an unescapable throw at 65 points. Nice.

cheers,

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Anyone else absolutely sure this is unescapable?
    It just seems to break VF rules, an escapable throw becoming unescapable by simply tapping an extra P+G (AND giving you 65 pts of damage).

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Creed, you can still escape the HCB+P+G with b+P+G, but what Llanfair is saying is that after the HCB+P+G, the P+G alternative > pounce is unescapable. Still though, the HCB+P+G itself is already 70 pts (unless you can QR/TR for less damage?? no right?). I've had the pounce miss enough times such that I don't think it's worth going for the P+G > pounce unless you absolutely need the ring position.

5. Rulakir

Hmm... saw something interesting today.... in one of the games, one of the guys managed to do a u+P+K+G tap recover upon being struck by Lion's b,f+K+G move. Didn't get to try it for sure though, since I was pretty much broke by then.... Sigh...

Out of curiousity, do you think that the Stance affects whether or not the d+K portion of the combo connects ?

6. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Rulakir,

That move is definately techable, In fact you are supposed to tech roll after the b,f+k+g.

Anyway, aren't you supposed to be in Japan? or did I remember the wrong guy

7. Rulakir

Came back already man.
    Tell you about the trip... awfully disappointing for me..... Lesson of the day, never go Japan with parents who are paranoid.... it ain't worth the agony.... sigh...

8. scolaire

scolaire Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the last time I went with my mum. My bro and I wanted to have a few rounds of VF3 with the local Japanese vf players, but ended up being towed out by my mum. ....

Moral of the story is never go with parents. At least, you can get to choose where to go.