1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore Feb 16 - 26

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Myke, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If you have played in AMK, when there is like 5 players... it take like eternity to play as most people, me included, will challenge 2-3 time before getting up.

That's one thing that reeeeaallllyy bugs me about the arcade culture in Singapore. People refusing to get up and give someone else a go! What's with that?

If you lose, you get up and give others who are waiting a chance to play. It's only common courtesy (at least where I'm from), but I remember countless times in Singapore when I had to actually ask if I could play because I got sick of waiting.

Anyway, just had to vent, and none of this is directed at anyone in particular (I've never met you all anyway) /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

So I guess the plan for now, at least, is to meet at Bugis on Sunday afternoon, and then possibly go somewhere else?

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I don't think we should all go to the 5 square place. Unless you really like waiting in line. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Let's finalize this can? We all meet at Bugis on Sunday and then we can decide where to go after that. Is it fine with the rest?

3. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Why don't we go parklane. Threes squares and two machines is just perfect.

4. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

People refusing to get up and give someone else a go! What's with that?

<hr></blockquote>

Well, it depends... some players are just sore losers... some just have too much $$$ to spend.... some just keep trying in order to figure out how to break the opponent's "pattern" of play..... depends I guess...

Okay, how about this ? We meet in Bugis, and appoint Alan as our liaison ? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif (Sorry Alan...) Since I believe most of the players have an idea or have met him at a point or the other. The rest of us can just "invite" the rest of the people we know along, and proceed to bounce each other into oblivion at Parklane ? Alternatively, we can just move on straight to Parklane and wait ?

What do you guys think ?

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I don't mind but I think I only have kiat's and danny's numbers, I think.

Okay so maybe we meet on Sunday at 2pm at bugis? or is it too early/late /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Then we go parklane. I have NEVER been to parlane arcade recently so I may need directions.

Does myke know where to find the arcade at bugis? It is in the basement. basically you go down the escalator in front of MOS burger.

regarding the refusing to get up issue, I think it is okay to challenge 2-3 times as I have said, you need around one game to warm up. anything more than 4 is probably a waste of everyone's time.

PS: off topic BUT kinokuniya just called me and said they cannot bring in the blue book!!!! I need someone to get a book. Is anyone in singapore getting it?

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm pretty sure I remember where the arcade is at Bugis. OK, 3pm sounds alright with me, but I'll call you guys if there's a change in my plan.

I really don't want to play too much at Bugis though, considering it's only set at 2 squares(!!!)

7. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Set.
    3PM Sunday 16 Feb At Bugis. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Alan, zhifeng just went to Japan and he is coming back this Saturday. Oh there is one more person at Japan now..... Lau Abuser. LoL

8. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Grandlink Sq

Grandlink Sq has 5 rounds per match. Why don't u guys go there instead????? So much more value for $$$$$$$$. It's near Geylang, which is just a stone's throw from Bugis!!!!!!!!!!!!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Will be checking out the place tomorrow.

9. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Re: Grandlink Sq

The problem is there is only one machine and with like 5 squares.... how long do you have to wait if there is a lot of people?

10. Rulakir

Argh.... I'm not able to make it for the Sunday gathering I'm afraid.... Got saddled with Guard Duty in camp.... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Are we going to meet on another day too ?

11. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    argh im busy in the afternoon on sunday~
    ill be able to make it ard 5 or 6 in the evening
    ill go find u ppl ard tat time.

12. Rulakir

Re: Singapore Feb 23rd (Public Holiday)

Oh, come to think about it, next saturday (the 23rd) is a public holiday right ? Does anyone wanna arrange anything for that duration of time ? (Say Friday evening to Sunday?)

13. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Re: Grandlink Sq

anyway, this afternoon b4 andrew n i went down to amk (btw sorry we missed u alan), he went to Grandlink 1st to play. It is TWO tokens ($1) per game, but he said one full game (to Dural ==> complete) can last up to 50 minutes!!!! WHOA!!!! So the Grandlink Sq machine is grrrreat for those who have no PS2 (read: people like ME! The poor people! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif) & wish to practice. Plus, the CPU @ Grandlink is set to most difficult, according to Andrew. So, for single player vs CPU, Grandlink is the place to go I think.

Can't play vs. there anyway, cos Andrew says one of the joysticks is loose. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

14. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

The Tournament is on 23 Feb. You are one of the contestants if you have forgotten.

15. Rulakir

Oopers, my bad....
    But one must remain optimistic and believe that we can squeeze tons of VFing into a day ! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif