1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Singapore] Parklane on Sat (16th March, 2002) ?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Rulakir, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

So, anyone wanna join me there ?
    Bugis is getting way too expensive to be of comfort... One thing though, from both SG-Lion and my experience there, I think one of the sticks there has a minor problem. Can't remember if it was the G button or the Control Stick though.... But strangely, I can do more stuff with my Lau when I'm there.

Tentatively, lets put it to be around 5 pm or so ? Unless someone has a better idea ? Anyone ?

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

play at home save alot of marneeeeeeeee good for my wallet hohoho /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

My apologies for bring this up because I know we have been through this lots of times..
    but where is the Park Lane that we have been referring to?
    i keep getting confused with the one at Paradiz Centre(Dhoby Ghaut) and the one at East Coast.

4. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

play at home save alot of marneeeeeeeee good for my wallet hohoho

Good for wallet but no good for skills leh...

5. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

I might be going...

6. proto

proto Member

Havn't been playing for more than a month, busy with work. Gotta my ass kick today in Bugis, Played worse than I have ever did,even a newbie could have kick my ass. Let me pick up and I'll join U guys next round.

7. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Machine status update on ParkLane machines (Dhoby Ghaut) as of 15th March. I was at there last week... 9 or 10 march

On machine A, the Player-1 G-button doesn't response accurately. Maybe 1 in 10 times that it will not response. Sometime stuck inside the socket.

On machine B, the Player-1 P-button was smashed up by a player. I was sitting besides him. Scary.

And, I understand one of the machine, the calibration for crouch-dash is a bit off.

I still can go. Just for the sake of playing. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

SG-Lion

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

if possible i rather go amk........ just becos the joystick/button is working. rather than non responding, stuck up , etc controls /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

9. Rulakir

Okay, its near the paradiz centre. If you walk further along after the sushi restaurant, you'll come along to the main entrance which is next to the store selling fishes. Its the building with the MacDonald's in the basement. Its a SuperBowl arcade.

10. Rulakir

I'm pretty okay with AMK, but the thing is that Parklane seems to be more central, since its near Bugis as well,Its just that its a hassle to find sometimes..... (Everyone just seems to flock to Bugis, not to mention that AMK hardly has anyone there....)

Unless of course, you guys prefer to meet up at Bugis, then we migrate to Parklane from there ? I'm depending on the situation. If there's not a soul at Parklane, probably go to Bugis, and if there's nobody there either, I'll probably go home unless you guys would rather have it at AMK ?

Danny, the arcade at Orchard Point, how many rounds does it have ? Haven't been there in ages, so I can't really remember.... if its viable, maybe we can migrate there off and on perhaps ?

So what's the plan ?

11. proto

proto Member

"On machine B, the Player-1 P-button was smashed up by a player. I was sitting besides him. Scary"

Hey, that guy who smash up the button, sure it wasn't lau abuser? Ha Ha Ha

12. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Last time I went to Orchard Point, it was at 3 squares and 1 credit per game.

And there are people playing at AMK.

13. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

There is only one machine at Orchard Pt..which means we have to wait.
    but then again, if we go Bugis, there is 1.5 machines(one half is damaged), so i guess it will not make much of a difference.
    i quite game in meeting you guys on saturday for a game.
    Danny...can u private message me your contact no? and also anyone going pls do private message me your contact too..so that i can call to tie down the timing.
    thanks.

14. Rulakir

So where do we go ?

AMK has players ? Most of the time, when I do make my way there, there's only bunches of kids smashing at the machine.... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Hmm... so where do we finalize ? Bugis ? Parklane ? I can only get down to town by about 4:30 pm or so. Probably staying till maybe 7 ? Either way, I'll make my way to Parklane first, and if there's nobody there, I'll move on to Bugis.

I'll check the computer again before I leave the house in the afternoon, so do state your preferences of location or where you'll be then ? Thanks.

15. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Re: So where do we go ?

probably just stay at home..... play with my bro or something. unless u guys go amk. Cos bugis = way tooo expensive. parklane = sucky controls. Even my lousiest joystick at home rox over parklane's joystick /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

16. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hehe haven been playing for a long time.so where u guys going?if u ppl going down amk ill join u guys for awhile.

17. Rulakir

Oh well, the crowd was pretty small... SG-Lion, Alucard, Pinkgirl, and some of the other regulars... kinda disappointing that there were so few people today. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif What, everyone was at AMK ? /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Boh jio !!! Sigh.....

Fun though... Alucard showed me some stuff that I didn't really think can be done with Lau, and there were matches with other people where we played till we didn't know what to do anymore. Overall, fun. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

feii didn't go i think... me at home hehe. i thought everyone go parklane so i just stay at home and play lor.