1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore Tournament Update 4

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Bad news and good news.

My VCR can record the fights. Sadly, it is in black and white. Dunno why. Looks kinda fuzzy as well. Could be Macrovision protection. The PS2 is a DVD player afterall. But it doesn't make sense. I'm not playing a DVD. Could be the VCR being a simple 2 Head VCR. Also, it doesn't have S-VHS but when I changed the PS2 output to composite, the same happens /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

So I may kick Plan B into action. Using the REPLAY save feature of the PS2. Using EMS Memory adaptor to copy the replays to my PC's HDD and transmit for public download. However, this means that only people with PS2 and VF4 can view the replays. Fact is I don't have the adaptor. We will see how this goes.

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

How about carrying ou both plans? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Genie -- yes! Please use the EMS adapter! Even if you can't get the MPEG/WMV versions out, I'm sure someone can convert the Replay files to regular media files at a later date...

4. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I think I got the problem solved. My VCR is set to PAL. Playback from the PS2 is NTSC. Posted into a HT forums and I think is it. Anyway, I may try out both plans.

5. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

actually just a suggestion.. why not just make this event into a VF party?

Going down just for the tournament isn't that attractive, but a nice social event with a round about thing at the end would be most entertaining. Heck might even convince people who are not that 'hardcore' to come.

Well, that's just me.