1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore VF4 Tournament: Update 3

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Below is the player list and fight order for the Seeding Round. We have 28 matches (bouts). Because there are 8 players, DE /w repechage will be mathematically useless. So after seeding, there will be DE w/o repechage for 8 players. Unless we have some late entries.

<pre>Player | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | | V | TS | TR | Ind |
    | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    =======================================================================
    (1) danny13 |XXX| | | | | | | |XX| | | | |
    X |XXX| | | | | | | |XX| | | | |
    X |XXX| | | | | | | |XX| | | | |
    (2) Rulakir | |XXX| | | | | | |XX| | | | |
    X | |XXX| | | | | | |XX| | | | |
    X | |XXX| | | | | | |XX| | | | |
    (3) SG-Lion | | |XXX| | | | | |XX| | | | |
    X | | |XXX| | | | | |XX| | | | |
    X | | |XXX| | | | | |XX| | | | |
    (4) Zhifeng | | | |XXX| | | | |XX| | | | |
    X | | | |XXX| | | | |XX| | | | |
    X | | | |XXX| | | | |XX| | | | |
    (5) Littlewild | | | | |XXX| | | |XX| | | | |
    X | | | | |XXX| | | |XX| | | | |
    X | | | | |XXX| | | |XX| | | | |
    (6) alantan | | | | | |XXX| | |XX| | | | |
    X | | | | | |XXX| | |XX| | | | |
    X | | | | | |XXX| | |XX| | | | |
    (7) feii | | | | | | |XXX| |XX| | | | |
    X | | | | | | |XXX| |XX| | | | |
    X | | | | | | |XXX| |XX| | | | |
    (8) skykeigo | | | | | | | |XXX|XX| | | | |
    X | | | | | | | |XXX|XX| | | | |
    X | | | | | | | |XXX|XX| | | | |
    </pre>

Match Order (28 bouts)

Official: Genie47
    First player takes 1P position (left) and second player takes 2P position (right).

1: 2-3 Rulakir/SG-Lion
    2: 1-5 danny13/Littlewild
    3: 7-4 feii/zhifeng
    4: 6-8 alantan/skykeigo
    5: 1-2 danny13/Rulakir
    6: 3-4 SG-Lion/zhifeng
    7: 5-6 Littlewild/feii
    8: 8-7 skykeigo/feii
    9: 4-1 zhifeng/danny13
    10: 5-2 Littlewild/Rulakir
    11: 8-3 skye\keigo/SG-Lion
    12: 6-7 alantan/feii
    13: 4-2 zhifeng/Rulakir
    14: 8-1 skykeigo/danny13
    15: 7-5 feii/Littlewild
    16: 3-6 SG-Lion/alantan
    17: 2-8 Rulakir/skykeigo
    18: 5-4 Littlewild/zhifeng
    19: 6-1 alantan/danny13
    20: 3-7 SG-Lion/feii
    21: 4-8 zhifeng/skykeigo
    22: 2-6 Rulakir/alantan
    23: 3-5 SG-Lion/Littlewild
    24: 1-7 danny13/feii
    25: 4-6 zhifeng/alantan
    26: 8-5 skykeigo/Littlewild
    27: 7-2 feii/Rulakir
    28: 1-3 danny13/SG-Lion

This list is generated by <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pointcontrol.com> Point Control</a>.

Players are encouraged to bring their own sticks if you have them and are comfortable with it. Mine is kinda big. A little too big with twin sticks. It will not be practical. The table is big enough to fit it only. But with 2 seperate fighting sticks, no problem. Anyway, my 1P SELECT button is broken /versus/images/icons/frown.gif If no-one brings theirs, I can still use my sticks.

If you would like to bring your own memory card to use your own decked out character. You may do so. It will slow things a little but can still be done.

My address and contact is emailed or PMed to contestants.

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I can't wait for it to happen.

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

is Kiat playing?? who is skykeigo?

4. Genie47

Kiat has not contacted me yet. Someone please tell him. Skykiego is Raymond Tan.

5. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Kiat told me he's not joining. Soooo Sad.

6. danny13

Btw alan, i really think that day at you house was really good. I'm sad that pple act say that your van not that good. I'm going to pick up van so i can improve my akira. Even though i doubt i'll gain much of an edge. You'll always do something VERY diff to confuse me. Look forward for gathering at your house again, next time i'll bring food and drinks. Thank your mum for me for the wonderful lunch. i seriously think that you have the best van in Singapore. Good luck with throw escapes. I was at zhifeng's place from 12pm till 830am in the morning. Seeya again.

7. Genie47

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I was at zhifeng's place from 12pm till 830am in the morning.

<hr></blockquote>

Playing VF I assume /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Not anything else /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Talk about hardcore. I was playing VF4 the first day I got the PS2 and played it from 6 pm to 4 am the next morning. Stopping only to drink and piss. I didn't even eat. Well, I did and that was breakfast. Anyway, wifey came out around 3:45 and chided me to go to bed. Like a mommy nagging a kid. Thats when I stopped.

8. LittleWild

Danny, I was there when Alan was playing against the "you-know-who". Frankly speaking, it was one-sided and Alan was like testing moves on him.

"Not intimidating" - Because he doesn't know what is happening? LOL

9. danny13

Genie, i think you stay very near me. Where is your block? I stay block 513. Both your block and mine are at drive 14?

10. danny13

Little wild, Zhifeng has mastered 170pt back stagger combo, remember not to tech roll too much when you play with him.

11. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

hi Danny,
    seems like a side track, but could u kindly post the 170 pts back stagger combo for Lei Fei on the reply?

P.S. i believe we met in Bugis quite some time back. I was the guy who asked u whether your punch between ur shouder rams is a P(K-canceled) or P(G). remember?

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Lei guide is here:

<a target="_blank" href=http://ken.emagen.com.au/lei>ken.emagen.com.au/lei</a>

80% combo
    [DM] P+K(fully charged), *b+P,P - f, f(dash) - d+P+K+G - ** [DM] P+K - f, f+K
    - [IN] K - [IN] K+G

[DM] P+K(fully charged), *b+P,P - f, f(dash) - d+P+K+G - ** [DM] P+K - f, f+K
    - d+P+K+G - [DM]K - d+P+K+G - [DM] P, P+K - uf+K+G

13. ken

ken Well-Known Member

To defeat the arrow punch simply dodge or reverse-MID.

Never tech roll when you are facing the floor and head towards opponent period.

This condition always occurs on a head or stomach crumble.

Lei Fei has 2 other moves that cause Head Crumble and 4 moves that cause stomach crumble though the stomach crumbles are as not threatening.

Just "d+P - throw" to beat the Tiger stance if they gamble on the HP/MP/HK/MK/KN sabaki. Though Lei can do the LP/LK sabaki instead its not too bad.

14. Genie47

Yes, from what I heard very near. I expect you to come the earliest. Tai Wei (rolander) has joined the tournament. Someone please tell him my address. I don't have his email. We have 9 players! So there will be 2 pools of players. One with 4 and the other 5. So while the first pool plays, the rest can relax, enjoy my brownies with vanilla ice cream /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

15. LittleWild

What!? 170pts Back stagger combo!?
    Darn, do they have any thing close to that for Pai?!

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Sadly enough...no /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

17. danny13

Oh hi! I remember you but i don't use lei fei so i don't know to do the 170pt combo. Try asking kiat. His lei fei is deadly. Oh, next time you see me playing at bugis please say hi to me so i know who you are. It was quite some time back so i don't really remember your face. I still go to bugis frequently in the evenings.

18. danny13

Brownies with vanila ice-cream! Reminds me the days i was working in Dome. Can't wait to finish them all for you.

19. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    170pts combo~!?
    kaoz...
    tat makes my Aoi seem even worse compared to u ppl...

btw...genie: i wanna haf some of ya goodies too~ hehe

20. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

you still go bugis?? I am at home for secret training. Hehe got some NEW moves for Vanessa hehe... you people never seen b4. scare you people first.

Anyway i just realised the Shun's backdodge punch no longer floats in Ver C. I tried a bit of shun trying to find a good counter to that move on Ver C but it doesn't seem to float /versus/images/icons/smile.gif