1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore VF4 Tournament: Update 3

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 16, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

No more floats? Muahahah.

2. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, just wondering, anything we can bring to contribute to the food and drinks ? It hardly seems fair that we come to your place, gorge ourselves silly, drink, and kill each other without contributing anything back in return..... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

I think I need more Akira experience... I'm beginning to think that the more I play, the lousier I actually get. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Sigh....

3. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Secret Training? What secrets? You better tell me or else...I've learning Van this few days, its so confusing. Nevermind.

4. skykeigo

skykeigo Member

hi my name is Raymond Yeung actually, 18m, not that pro afterall, hope to play more to get better, u will know who am i at the tournament /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    ARgh ppl~~~sorry sorry sorry i cant go~~
    still haven finished my ColdFusion project which is due on monday~
    so so sorry...
    to alan,genie,littlewild,kiat,skykeigo and those who are going...soli soli once again.
    next time we play again kk?

6. danny13

Its ok. I'll play for you so i got higher chance of winning. Hahaha. Out of point....

7. danny13

Zhifeng said he tried on free training, it floats on Mc but lower compare to version B. However, when he played in kumite, it doesn't float at all. I've got to try it out myself but i hate shun.

8. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Guys, are any of you meeting up first before you head to Genie's place? Like that if we get lost, we get lost together. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

I should be around Woodlands MRT around 1:30-1:40 or so. So anyone? I'll check here again before I leave.

9. 22222

22222 Active Member

pls help me..with AKIRA....any1..danny also can...

danny i think i always see u at bugis..can i ask u something abt akira? erm..when u shder ram ..how do u do the rest of the combo aft u ram ?? i noticed u sometimes squat down or something to add in the float.... er..can dont use any shortcuts when u explain? thanks....

GarY

10. danny13

Re: pls help me..with AKIRA....any1..danny also can...

What do you mean? Can you elaborate?

11. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

danny, i think what hes asking..was what i asked you.
    Danny couch-dashed in between his combo to make his follow-up flows smoothly.
    Hmm....actually i think Danny buffers his CDs very well so the squats are not usually noticable.

12. 22222

22222 Active Member

err..its like...when u shder ram a person...i notice u always punch him either squatting down or standing up...but i tried this but my next sher ram always dont hit......can u elaborate how u do this??

13. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

For the shdram, P, Shdram ...combo...
    input is like this...
    shdram,P(G),d/f,d/f(couch-dashing),f+P+G(to get the 2nd ram)
    u need to perform another couch-dash to get the following dbl-palm. I personally never been fast enough to get the dbl-palm, only manage to get it once(in my lifetime...=( )
    But i think the secret lies in the speed and precision of the input of commands.

14. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

For the shdram, P, Shdram ...combo...
    input is like this...
    shdram,P(G),d/f,d/f(couch-dashing),f+P+G(to get the 2nd ram)
    You need not always tap P(G). a P is good enough. Typo error there. f+P+K.

u need to perform another couch-dash to get the following dbl-palm. I personally never been fast enough to get the dbl-palm, only manage to get it once(in my lifetime...=( )
    But i think the secret lies in the speed and precision of the input of commands.
    You need an MC for mid weights. For light ones, it depends on the height of your floater.

Dun pull off dlpm if you feel that your shrm floats your oppo not high enough. Do a BC in such situations.

15. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

shoulder ram -> p -> shoulder ram depends on stance fyi.

16. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Eh sure or not? I think it is stance independent leh. You mean for specific characters only or what?
    Light weights like Pai and Aoi always eat the shrm -> P -> shrm -> double palm.

17. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

confirm.... at least for most chars. don't believe ask danny /versus/images/icons/smile.gif probably not lightweight cos MC sure tio imo.

18. danny13

It has to be open stance for lau, jacky and akira. Mc too.

19. danny13

I meant close stance.

20. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Wildy, read this newbie.

Theres nothin cheap in VF. Its becos of self's lousy skills that's to blame...
    Is RO chxxp? If you say so, you're jus a loser.

Pull-in catch throw>u|d,P+K>fff+P>P>BC. Its always a combo for wolf and Jeff. Both in close n open stance.
    25+20+9+12=66. Though dlpm does 25+20+30/24=75/69 but requires more accuracy.
    Shrm>LP>Shrm against wolf and jeff requires close stance. 30+7+30=67
    Shrm>LP>Dlpm against wolf and jeff can be done in both stance. 30+7+24=61.
    Pull-in>P+K>fff+P>BC does the most. 20+20+16=56
    Pull-in>P+K>Dlpm is second. 20+30=50

QCB+P>DBC=23+52=75. Note that a dodge to the sides only help to estimate the best time for DBC to hit that crumbled oppo. I did this without any dodge. Just wait for oppo's face slams to ground and thats the best estimate to get the full 52 pts for DBC.

<font color=orange>Shrm>P>shrm>Dlpm requires a little mc to be successful. E.g. b,d+P+G offers that tiny MC needed. Oso, i was only very successful at this in close stance wif lightweights.</font color=orange>
    You r'nt good enough. Shrm.........Dlpm isnt your cup of tea.