1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore VFers..wake up?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Freud, May 29, 2002.

1. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

hey guys..what happened?
    its been weeks and no one is posting or organising any outing.
    everyone bi guan siu lian or tui chu jiang hu liao?

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

don't know lehz. but i tu chu jiang hu at 14th of june

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i personally haven't been playing VF4 at all. Getting sick, guess its too much Kumite against the dumb AI. Miss some real intelligence during gameplays.
    as for your 14th June...hai..i remember how it felt like..i for one..was enlisted one day after X'mas. But trust me, u will come out fine(if u do not consider the vulgarity and vices that you WILL pick up,hahaha).
    Take care dude!
    Advice No 1 : DO NOT SpoD higher ranks when provoked.. Detention Barracks isn't a fantastic place to visit..

4. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Hmm.... its been a while since I really played... Having tons of fun driving on roads of late... Kinda fun when you get yourself lost on the way to town, then try to "figure" a way out by just driving along any road you can see.

Oh well, tentatively, I "should" be going down on friday night. Its really tentative, since I'm getting lazy. If I can't get the car, I don't wanna go anywhere nowadays... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Stay home and Zzz.... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys its been a little quiet lately. A major thing cropped up. My wife is pregnant with our first child. Now at 10 weeks! Woohoo! Not out of the woods yet. The first trimester is shaky. By week 12, I will celebrate by holding another gathering at my place! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

week 12 i gone liaoz byeeeeeeee /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

7. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Congrats! =)
    its good to know that excessive Vf4 gaming will not affect fertility as those phoney research reports claim to. =p
    Before long, you will have a young Genie to impart ur Vf4 skills to.
    Man, its gonna be exciting. =)

8. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Hey Genie, congrats!

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Congrats Genie!!!!!!!

Have fun shopping baby stuff~~~
    Hectic days ahead of u /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Congratulations you old bag! So watch you gonna call your kid? Sarah if it`s a girl, Lion if it`s a boy?

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey so what`s the schedule like for being in NS? When can you get out? You gotta keep playing!!

12. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Depends on what unit i get posted to....

I wish i can play forever though.

13. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

for the name choosing..i think Genie can start by
    omitting Kage, Akira, Aoi from the list.

14. Rulakir

Wah... you're going into PTP, or Mono-Intake, or Modified BMT or just BMT ? Got lots of differences you know.... I think by the next time we see you, its probably going to be like 3 to 4.5 months later liao....

Oh heck, lets do something soon then... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Anyone interested ?

15. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

erm? how about if we start training Buyaodawo for the Standard Obstacle Course?
    its going to be fun! =)

16. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Genie! Finally an heir to your vf4 skills. Anyway, speaking of SOC, I think Zhifeng will do a good job training Wilson, look at Zhifeng's huge arms!(Zhifeng fitess vf4 player in Singapore but how come he never destroy joystick at bugis?????) He's going into PTP btw.

17. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Zhifeng got muscle but no skillz!

This sat or sun we go play together lehz.

18. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Ya...maybe we can meet up at your friend's shop, if its convenient... I just don't feel like paying to play some ancient version of VF4 with crappy sticks anymore.

Haiz...looks like the local VF community will become even smaller(as if its not small enough) after you go army. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Hope the local arcades get VF4.1(with new cabinets pleeeeeeease), otherwise I also quit liao.

19. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Ya...maybe we can meet up at your friend's shop, if its convenient... I just don't feel like paying to play some ancient version of VF4 with crappy sticks anymore.

<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm i usually go during weekdays, weekend 4pm+. If want maybe i can arrange lorz . just let me know

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Haiz...looks like the local VF community will become even smaller(as if its not small enough) after you go army.

<hr></blockquote>
    Danny can help me play larz. he even better than me so no need me liaoz! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

20. Rulakir

Wahahaha.... he can do what I did when I needed something to do after I got dumped by my ex-gf... Morning do 2.4 km run, afternoon, skip lunch, go gym, then swim 20 laps and eat only fruits, then evening, 250 sit ups, and 6 sets of 5 BX. After 3 weeks, sure gain "some" muscle one.... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

But now, after 5 months of slacking, back to square one again... Sigh.... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif No more willpower to maintain.... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif