1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Single Palm to PPPK combo

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Mackfactor, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Anyone have any tips on laus Single palm combo in close stance the one where u delay pppk. Thsnks. Ps im not asking about universal one ive seen it done consistantly so i was wondering if u guys knowm

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Holding forward and slowly input your PPP, and you can see your opponent is floated a little bit higher than usual so the last K is able to hit.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This has been split from the Lau Questions thread.

Mack, when you have specific questions then don't be afraid to create a new thread for it. Don't post in generic "Questions" threads. This helps focus the discussion on the single topic, and (more importantly) helps others in future find this information.

BTW, isn't it the Open Stance combo you're referring to? As a general rule, stance requirements should be referred to/as after the launch hit.

4. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I have been delaying it, but the timing seems inconsistant, but i have seen it done on a consistant basis though. The one that seems to work for me the best is hold 3PP right away and delay the last P ( i only tested this vs goh/aoi, though.. maybe evry character is different timing ). Perhaps any others have any easier method im not aware of. Which P they are delaying.. delay all 3?? I seem to get the most consistancy out of delaying just the 3rd.

Single palm, starting in close, ending in open, whoops. So open. ( :

Something else i find kinda wierd. Close: single palm 2p, p4pp. does 1 more damage than Single palm P4pp but if you stomp on them the combo that u need to 2p ( the one that does 1 more dmg ); the stomp the less dmg. Im thinking, maybe its like the concept of dmg scaling walls.. but i have no idea.

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to describe. Well, imagine that you are using PGPG and keep in mind this tempo. You can see the difference that opponent floated a little bit higher so that the last PK can hit. The key is the first two Ps I think.

6. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i saw how Cat's eye did it, i recorded the match.

i think 3pp (delay) p k is much easier to do. same with pp p k. dmg varies depending on when u delay the last p, max i think was 58. I been doing it for 1 week, and its pretty easy now that i got the hang of it.

-note must be in open stance. SINGLE PALM. So starting from close ending in OPEN.
    you can also do it off 3346P, but reverse foot position. From what i heard this combo was discovered in VF4 evo , by Shinz according to a friend.

7. tatey0u

tatey0u Member

Just delay from the second P. Try it sometime and you'll get the hold of it.

Btw, the damage of this juggle is not that different from the universal one, and if your opponet gets up successfully(actually it's pretty easy), it'll leave you less advantage to countinue laying pressure on your opponet.

P4PP is still better, consider that when using pppk, you might have a chance to fail the refloat, and the less advantage.

When going on with heavy weights, Jeffery and Wolf, pppk can be used more often since it's easier.

8. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    if neone also knows
    if some characters are harder to refloat plz let me know thanks in ADV. "When going on with heavy weights, Jeffery and Wolf, pppk can be used more often since it's easier"
    thnks for that info btw tatey0u

EX. GOH PAI (CL) SINGLE PALM combos requires level 2 4P+K. evryone else is the same.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    A "level 2 4P+K"? Since when did VF5 have a super meter? [​IMG]

10. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    lol
    i thought there were levels to delay..
    delay hold 4p+k... longer than usual..lol
    ( :

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Aside from 1-frame delays, which are reproducible, I don't know you'd go about quantifying and reproducing a particular "level" of delay.

12. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

My demonstration video has Lau stance combos in a part of it and you can see the timing.

From closed stance, palm, then 3p (hold forward here) p, delay 1f, then pk for maximum damage. Delay 2f and the combo will still connect, but it's lower damage.

From closed stance you can also palm, hold forward, pp, delay 1f, pk, but it doesn't work on all characters. From closed stance, palm, 3p, hold forward, p, delay 1f, pk will be higher damage. I thought the maximum damage was 61, but could be wrong.