1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Smackdown 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

who here likes the smackdown games and is lookiong forward to the ps2 virsion?

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

wrestling's for babies! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

What is it with professional wrestling? And what is it with wrestling videogames? Maybe I'm 20 years too old for it; I don't think I've ever seen a good wrestling videogame. (At least, one that could favorably compare to the fighting genre.)

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

4. Drunken_Master

ok the main reason is becuase the create a player feature is brillant you can make almost anything From the hulk to Jackie Chan type wrestlers. smackdowns is very playble and has nothing random about it unlike other wrestling games.
    Oh and wrestling is not for babys have you ever seen the Hell in the cell undertaker Vs Mankind match? Wrestling in one of the greatest forms of entertamint apart from kung fu movies

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

He should of said wrestling is for the weak minded.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

rearrange the following words.

'shit' 'wrestling' 'is'

7. Marginal

Marginal Well-Known Member

I wasn't especially impressed with Smackdown, Smackdown 2 was actually worse. (I honestly don't care about features at all if the basic engine powering the action's nothing but a spastic mess...)

OTOH, anyone snorting derisively at wrestling games ought to try Sega's Giant Gram 2000 before they start besmirching the entire genre. Ignorance and snobbery doesn't denote intellect 'ya know. It denotes a closed, ignorant mind.

The same kinda mind that makes VF comp so damn hard to find in the US in short.

8. Hayai_JiJi

I was not besmirching wrestling games I was besmirching wrestling. I actually enjoyed Giant Gram and the Touken Retsuden games. I do not have a closed mind I am just a former fan of wrestling who realized how retarded the whole thing is.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

9. Drunken_Master

well

most peolpe put there noses up at computers the same way they do at wrestling. The media and ost older people i know think of computer games as garbage. the media hardly cover anything about games even though it makes more money than hoolywood so you should know better to turn you nose up at anything. btw are you saying i got a weak mind?! i bet my mind is just as strong as yours

10. Hayai_JiJi

Re: well

I was saying of the general wrestling fan that yes they do have weak minds. The kind of fan I am talking about are the ones who follow story lines and actually think Shane Mcmahon bought WCW. So if you are one of these then yes I am saying you have a weak mind.

11. Drunken_Master

so you do watch it

yesi know shane didnt really buy it Vinnce McMan did who really is the onwer of wwf in real life. I know wrestling aint real 99% of the fan know its not real.
    btw i want you to apolgize for calling me weak minded. You dont know me and how would you feel if someone called you weak minded just becuase you like video games?

12. Drunken_Master

what was you someone who used to think it was real or something?

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hehehe... this is amusing and all.... but the topic of wrestling still "scares" (for lack of a better word) me.

Man... A lot of the "fans" I know just love wrestling at home (and the occasional smashing of some sort of antique in the house).... Kind of hard for me to focus on my game when someone in the background starts getting his buddy in a headlock and try to "realistically" simulate what they see on TV. I myself am wondering if they think it's real or not....

Sorry, I was never a "pro" wrestling fan.... despite being bombarded with the usual Wrestlemania, toys, cartoon, Andre, Hulk, Zeus, Undertaker, whoever they have these days, and especially that guy with the long hair, kilt, white t-shirt that just looked extra trashy, etc.... while growing up as a kid.... Guess that's something to tell the grandkids of the future... "When I was your age... we had these morons dress up on TV and tear their shirts and would clothesline each other, though their arms were 2 feet away on "impact" and the masses dug it up.... It seemed to be a trend whenever the Republican Party was in power (from the 80's on anyways) or rising... (not that I'm of any wing or political party) and people wasted their life's savings on pay per view to watch these matches.... And one of those big guys with attitude problems on TV became Governor of Minnesota (no offense to them).... It truly was a scary thing... Oh yeah, don't get me started on the bad acting....

-Chanchai

PS At least I can take comfort in that half the audience is probably watching it for the bad acting alone... Why can't we just play Resident Evil or Confidential Mission or something?/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Real life wrestling.... good.
    Grappling arts....good.
    NHB Fights....entertaining (good).
    So-called Pro Wrestling... no comment...

14. Hayai_JiJi

No I was always kind of a smart I have just found better things to do with my time. I actually started reading things "gasp" the horror.

15. Drunken_Master

are you saying i cant read?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have read books by naom chomsky i have read lord of the rings!!! i have read catcher in the rye i have read a tale of two cites i have read 100s of books so dont judge me.

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Drunken Master, you're a nice contributor to the board.... but responding in what looks like a serious, perhaps mocking, tone to such things.... I gotta tell you.... it has a good chance of giving the impression of "a weak mind."

No offense.... Just saying that this thread is already pretty ridiculous.... but in my mind, you two look kind of funny in this argument (if that's what it is anyways).

But don't mind me, I'm just saying what I'm thinking here (whereas my last post was hoping to put anyone on this thread to sleep/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)

-Chanchai

17. Drunken_Master

sorry but snobs really get on my tits i will say no more on this subject.

18. Hayai_JiJi

Ok I will stop. I was just having some fun anyway. That 4 post thing on SRK is making it hard to stay unboard. So I apologize to Druken Master for being a snob.

19. Drunken_Master

sorry for calling you a snob

20. Marginal

Marginal Well-Known Member

Wel, it's not hard to figure out that wrestling is fake or that the storylines are mind blowingly stupid most of the time. Or that fans are easilly fooled (anyone watching when Lex Luger wrestled pretty much knows that) OTOH, there's still a great deal of athleticism involved in the matches. Stuff like the Hardy Boys' Ladder matches are actually extremely physically grueling, (stuff like Hulk Hogan's brand of "wrestling" hasn't been really encouraged in the WWF for years not BTW) and I respect them for that. Not much different than appreciating a good kung fu flick etc. Action's highly stylized and nobody actually gets hurt, but it's fun to watch.

If I blew off everything that idiots like too, there's really not much left to watch/play etc. ;)

But anyway, Giant Gram is insanely great. Very solid import wrestling title. Play that, and Smackdown 3'll just completely pale in comparison.