1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So I heard Lei Fei was low tier in FS?!? LIES!!

Discussion in 'Lei' started by RisenGlory, Jul 2, 2012.

1. RisenGlory

RisenGlory Active Member

Lol, yea finally Lei players can get some respect now that everyone isn't accusing him of being over powered. So who is the new over powered fighting Ogre of this game??

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Lei has more reasons not playing himself this time since his over power skills are gone. Without adapting from your opponents, one mistake can make a terrible result.

I wonder what's the criteria to put Lei in low tier? Because top JP players would know how to interrupt his stance? This might be one of the reasons but it's VERY DIFFICULT to completely understand Lei's capable of in general.

3. Sharizord

Sharizord Active Member

One of the reasons he is low tier is that with the new throw escape system you can take away just about all his good throws by holding forward.

It also means that it's harder for him to get your opponent to stop blocking.

4. Stone_Drum

Stone_Drum Member

His throws weren't that strong in vanilla, were they? The throw I used the most in vanilla was probably the df-df pg followed by 466 pk.
    And how would losing a sliver of throw damage really affect how the opponent blocks? If they block, just throw them with a weaker throw.
    I still don't see how he goes from top tier to bottom, when he seems to have gained a lot with his new stance and stance transitions, and the faster speed of the game works well with his diverse and unpredictable moveset

5. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I agree with Stone. Lei has gained Kyo, which he can move to without having to string into, and his combos deal massive damage.