1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So Lau won the first World Tournament...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mindscan, May 17, 2004.

1. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

Akira won the second and Kage won the third. Anyone know who won the 4th in the VF story.... or lack there of. I think it would be cool if the story was incorporated a little more into the game. It would bring more new players to VF IMO. Granted it's not necessary but it'd be nice.

2. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

You'll have to wait for VF5 to know who won. I'd say........ Jacky what the heck.
    I thought VF Quest was going to do the job as far as getting an indepth look at VF's storyline but it doesn't seem like it.

I don't know if a storyline would bring more new players to the game, it's either you like the game or you don't. A storyline can only do so much but still would be a welcome addition imo. A solid game engine, more interesting characters a la Goh new and interesting fighting styles, more items and an even better quest mode... would do the trick. But yes I wouldn't mind a good storyline, more J6 dudes and a ''DURAL... IS DEAD'' trailer for VF5.

3. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ONISTOMPA said:

But yes I wouldn't mind a good storyline, more J6 dudes and a ''DURAL... IS DEAD'' trailer for VF5.

[/ QUOTE ]

i second that with the utmost enthusiasm, especially the Dural is dead part. good god is she ever boring as all hell. and you could kill 2 birds with one stone by making all the new characters J6 members. and in my opinion i think either Sarah or Wolf wins this one. and i'm not biased cos i really can't stand Sarah; i just have a hunch is all. as far as Wolf, i am biased.

4. Street

Street Active Member

Isn't the winner going to be decided by whoever wins the last WMAC competition in Japan? So if (when) Minami Akira wins, Akira will win VF4. If Chibita wins it (OMFG!!!11!!! LOLZ!!!) then Lion finally gets in on the story line.
    If Jeffry wins then I'm a monkey's uncle. Still, it would be nice to see him finally build that boat.

5. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

uhm, yeah, and we need a Project Sarah game. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

7. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Goddamnit I want Shun to win, he's an old man looking for his frocking pupil, shit just give the old man a break.

8. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Lau is his pupil.

9. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

o.0 Serious??

10. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GTO said:

o.0 Serious??

[/ QUOTE ]

and the plot thickens... see possibility for a good story line.

and i do think it could potentially bring some new players, because some people like/need a good story. some people look at vf and think "oh you just beat up people in arcade mode, finish the game and get a Thanks for Playing as your reward for completion. Their response to that is "well fuck that"

11. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

That would be a messed up plot.
    ---------------------------------------
    Lau and Shun are walking towards each other in a park, near a bench.

Shun: "Have you seen Sarah Connor?"

Lau:*blinks* "Er, I've seen Sarah Bryant. Does that count?"

Shun: "Sigh. I seem to have misplaced my pupil."

Lau: *looks in Shun's eyes* "They're both there - pretty dialated, and moving around quite a bit, but you have both of your pupils..."

Shun: *scratches head, squints, and takes another drink* "Ah, hell with the kid. I've come here and gotten kicked in the head in two tournaments, and I haven't found any sign of that lazy bastard. He's probably gotten married to some young girl somewhere and didn't want me to come poking around, so he made up this story about being kidnapped. He always did say it was embarrassing for me to beat him up in front of his girlfriend."
    *Shun takes a drink*

Lau: "Sounds like my daughter. I teach her how to break bricks, and she complains about what it will do to her manicure. I teach her how to smash cinderblocks with her forehead, and she complains about how the dust will give her zits. The girl has her priorities messed up. Heck, I even told her to watch my restaurant while I came to the tournament, and the next thing I know, she's out there in the middle of the ring yelling "Look at me daaad!". I was so embarrassed. "

Shun: "That was YOUR daughter? I was worried I was going to be slapped with another paternity suit. The things you do when drunk..."

Lau and Shun sit down on a bench together and sigh in unison. Shun studies Lau from the corner of his eye, then looks quickly away. Lau sneaks a glance at Shun, and looks quickly away. Then they both start to turn towards each other and start speaking at the same time.

Lau and Shun: "You know..."

Shun: "Oh, I'm sorry. You go first."

Lau: "No, the wisdom of the elders should be graciously recieved by the ears of the young, as my mother always said right before she boxed my ears. Please, what was on your mind, Master Shun?"

Shun: "Well, I'm old and I'm now looking for a worthy pupil. You fought very well in the last tournament. Want to learn my style, Iron Chef?"

Lau: "Sure. I'm also looking for a successor to my fighting style, so I'll teach you Koen Ken at the same time, since you were such a worthy opponent."

Pai jumps out of the bushes.
    Pai: "But Daaaaad! What about meeeeeee?!?!"

Lau lets out a roar and starts chasing Pai through the park.
    ----------------------------------------

Six months later...in the same park.
    -----------------------------
    Lau and Shun are walking along together.

Shun: "Excellent. We now know each other's styles. And you can go out and teach other people my martial art while I lay at home and die of cirrohsis of the liver."

Lau: "Hey wait. I'm supposed to go to the hospital next week and start chemotherapy. I thought YOU were going to go out and teach people MY fighting style!"

Shun:"WHAT? I'm too old for that, and beside, I have my condo at the retirement community already paid for, thanks to the money I won at the tournament. You mean you weren't planning on teaching MY style to other people?"

Both Lau and Shun in unison: "DOH!"

Pai jumps out of the bushes again: "Serves you both right!" *walks off in a huff*
    ---------------------
    And so the Fifth Virtua Tournament was announced, funded not by J6, but by Lau Chan's Stop-n-Chopstick Cantonese Restaurant and Shun Di's Ol' Sweet Moonshine Liquor Store and Martial Arts Gym....

12. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

That's the story according to the Virtua Fighter cartoons.

13. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

astoundingly brilliant. allow me to shower you with cash, women and ultra-super-secret, advanced copies of VF vs. DDR: Clash of Champions - Christmas Remix. you deserve it.

and everyone knows Shun favors Jack Daniels and Thunderbird, not moonshine...

and i was always under the assumption that Lau cooked Szechuan style...

14. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    astoundingly brilliant. allow me to shower you with cash, women and ultra-super-secret, advanced copies of VF vs. DDR: Clash of Champions - Christmas Remix. you deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah!

*comes out in Lei Fei garb with tinsel and Christmas lights* "Now it's time for... the Lei Fei Dance! Up Down Down Up Down Down...." *starts hopping around on DDR pad*

15. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

I would like better stories or no stories at all. Saying "this one won first tournament, then this one won second..." sound wrong to me.
    Either we say "it's a fighting game, no stories, we have fighters, no bla bla" or "it's the story of ryu who kicked sagat ass and let a sign on his body, since sagat is very angry... bla bla". In next version I want Akira with a black eye because he has been kicked badly by Jacky /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (please no comment about girls asses)

Gorbag

16. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

I hope Jacky wins. I feel it is his time.

17. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

wow, Shaolin Hopper, that was fucking hilarious. either you're extremely creative or have way too much time on your hands. either way, thanx for the laugh.

and heaven forbid Jacky should win the next tournament.... YEEEAAH!! ::shudders::

18. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jacky wins the 4th tournament. That would complete the "Four Horsemen" popularity group. Akira, Lau, Kage, Jacky.

19. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shag said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jacky wins the 4th tournament. That would complete the "Four Horsemen" popularity group. Akira, Lau, Kage, Jacky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

20. Nolte

Nolte Well-Known Member

what....So the VF team is just like, "hmm, let's let Kage win this year." This whole time I actually thought the character who wins the final national tournament in Japan determined who the winner is for that particular version /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif. My idealistic VF universe has been shattered. I thoughtsome kid won with an overpowered Lau in VF1, Akira in VF2, etc...