1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So what are you guys fav games at the moment.

Discussion in 'General' started by Ruffcoconut, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

So what are you guys fav games at the moment.
    Apart from VF4 mines is Grand Theft Auto 3

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Tony Hawk 3

...my thumbs are numb.

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Multiplayer Quake 1.

Yes. I said Quake 1.

..don't ask.

Come to irc efnet #vfhome if you want to join us, although I'll probably get yelled at for making this invitation on this board (and deservedly so, really). Anyone wanna make VF skins?

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Soul Reaver2.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Devil May Cry, ICO, Capcom vs SNK 2. I have an MGS2 (still shrinkwrapped) waiting in the wings, and am considering getting a GBA with Golden Sun. Too many games, too little time!

More like...TOO MANY GODDAMN PAPERS AND EXAMS!! AAAAAHHH! Ahem. 'Scuse me.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Quake 1 games last night were fun as hell/versus/images/icons/smile.gif So glad you guys had the games going while I was on study break.

As for the question:

Free For All Action (FPS): Quake 1
    One on One Action (FPS): Quake 2
    Tactical FPS: Ghost Recon/Rogue Spear
    RTS: Shogun: Total War
    3D Fighter: Virtua Fighter 3tb
    2D Fighter: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike/Street Fighter Alpha 3

The list could go on... But those were the honorable mentions in my book.

-Chanchai

7. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Uhmm I played Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the Dreamcast for 10 hours yesterday. I am also playing Street FIghter 3 third strike, Dragon Warrior 7 and am currnetly trying to beat the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES.

8. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

heh, Quake 1 rules (splash damage from hell!). I'm not gonna join in -- my spare time is devoted to VF -- but just wanted to say that VF skins would rule, and if anyone makes them I want a copy :)

grib.

9. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

VF4, SSX & Tricky (PS2), VF3TB (DC), hmmm and that's about it right now :(

I played Parappa 2 the other day, and I'm really looking forward to playing that all through.

grib.

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Apart from games that I recently finished that I still love like Shenmue II and MGS2, I've been having great fun with Halo, Harvest Moon PS2, and Metal Gear MSX lately.

11. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Super Monkeyball .

12. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

Shenmue 2(DC) PAL Version
    Headhunter(DC)
    GT3(PS2)

13. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

CVS 2 (and M.Bison's newly mastered 90 hit combo! :) and at home its mostly Wolfenstein online. I snipe. look for my name ...

14. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Shenmue 2. Simply mind blowing!! Great story and atmosphere. Good controles, great and interesting gameplay. Best gfx this part of VF4 and great sound. I can't wait for the sequel. It is pretty sad that it will take so long to be released.

Oh! And did I mention that after the ending(the whole 4th GD)I was about to kill YS for ending the game like that. I want to know what happens next for gods sake!! HAHA!!

CIN

15. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

I'll chime in for Quake 1 as well. That game will never go out of style. Other than that, just started Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I'm lovin it so far. Also playin Yuri's Revenge for RA2. If there was ever a justification for a $30 expansion pack, this is it. Looking to get Comanche 4 and Ghost Recon by the end of the week. Both look awesome and the developers have great track records, so I'm gonna predict that those two will soon be among my favorites. Also picked up Typing of the Dead for my DC the other day (my typing sucks). Would prefer my Logitech keyboard, but this game is really kinda cool. I'm hoping these games pull me away from Diablo 2, which I've been playing way too much, though for the life of me I can't figure out why. Also started playin PSOv2 again, though none of my old PSO friends seem to have it.

Damn, that's too many games. No wonder I never get anything done.

16. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Well, obviously VF4 is at the top of my favorites list. Fortunately, I live a good distance from the Megamall, or else I'd just be handing my paychecks to the arcade operator. Other than that, Worldwide Soccer 97/98 on Saturn is pretty popular in my house, and the Stella emulator on my computer lets me relive all those great Atari memories.

And even though I finished the game over a couple months ago, Panzer Dragoon Saga is definitely a personal favorite.

17. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    In no particular order:

Tekken 4
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    KOF 2000
    Fatal Fury :Mark of the Wolves.

Unfortunately Virtua Fighter isn't considered "cool" in my area so you'd catch the devil trying to find a VF 4 machine here. It took my area long enough to get Tekken 4. Damn my area, Damn it to hell.

18. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

So where exactly are you from? If you filled out your profile, someone would probably point you in a good direction to a nearby arcade. Besides, it's also good to know who's posting.

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

just wanted to say that the first quake skin is out courtesy of piccolo/nandato, but then he fucked it up somehow. But it worked. It's VF1 lau. I'll post a link as soon as he straightens it out.

20. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Do you use Kaillera? My handle is "a19". Only thing is are you east coast? (hopefully not far east coast)