1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So what are your thoughts on VF5 now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jide, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

Yeh Bboy is right. I can block all of lions slow mid/low mix up attacks offline lag but when i get online i just can't seem to block on reaction cause of lag. I listen for the sound and animation then block or dodge appropriately but online everything comes out a fraction of a second late and im hit before my character even attempts to move. This same thing goes for lei-fei's roliing kick/grab mix up from 8 PKG. Thats not a mix up and i stop it from happening by kicking him in the roll but some times lag interferes and since you have to time your kick sometimes you will swing early out of anticipation and instead kick the wind in front of him forcing you to now eat his 2 kicks into a combo that would not have happened offline.

2. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Low_Sweep, the name's DubC... please... I actually detest being called by Bboy, because that is just a title, not the name. Otherwise, "I concur". =)

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    So - are you ever confused for the other DubC's out there? MCDubC? DJDubC? The thing is, if one of them signed up, you'd need to be called Bboy or there would be confusion (which DubC are you addressing, kind sir?).

And as soon as ANOTHER Bboy(name) signed up - only BBoyDubC would be in order unless you were being addressed under your titles as a convenience: "All Bboys please report to the Dojo section - the DubC's want to train - also, BboyDubC is now without a sparring partner unless he prefers to fight with himself. Maybe we should ask DancingFighterG to come in?"

ExBBoy(1981-84)NonDancingFighterPlague.

4. Duck_King

Duck_King Well-Known Member

Since Yu Suzuki left AM2 I think the series has gone down a path he would not have choosen ie.less innovative. he added inclined terrain and a dodge button to VF3. no such dramatic changes have been added since then. He wanted a "fighting simulator" as much as a game.

5. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

6. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

System-wise, my only problem with VF5 is that it feels like a lot of moves were made harder to do just for the sake of it.

It may be because the buffering has been tightened up a bit...

7. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

My will to play is coming back slowly : )

8. MysticBoudha

MysticBoudha Well-Known Member

Damn couldn't agree more. personnaly ive always been a fan of deceptive characters in fighting games. ( Yoshimitsu, Voldo , Lei Wu LOng etc... ) I see fights in fighting game as an art as a way to express myself and let go of my creative nature. I do have the basic knowledge of frames and such but i still adopt a more controversial and unusual playing style which almost always seems efficient even against players with better reflexe's and better knowledge than me. I guess it all depends on the way you see the game. I play the player not the game. if you play to much by the book anyways youll become incredibly predictable. IMO in a fighting game you have to be creative and you need an immense ability to adapt yourself rapidly to a given situation. If you master those two things you will always perform in a fighting game .

9. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

10. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

12. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

nvm just trying to make a point about the speed *shuts door behind" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

13. tex

tex Well-Known Member

Man I just want to play VF5FS.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The revival was most likely helped by the fact a quote of Jeneric's from this thread was featured in the "Your Say" box at the time.

Thread locked.