1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So what now?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Pinkgirl, May 29, 2002.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

First I heard a "confirmed" announcement that VF4 version 4.1 with 2 new characters would be out in an "exclusive release" for the XBox.

Then a rumour came next that, no, 4.1 would be released for the PS2, not the XBox.

So which one will it be on? And am I glad I haven't bought a PS2 yet, just in case 4.1 will really be out on the XBox only (I can't believe how desperate Sega is, signing all those supposed exclusives just to rake in more money... I really should be boycotting them for the way they're treating their consumers [making them just from one system to another - are we supposed to own ALL of them then???] but... sigh)... /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

And does anyone have a clue whether, when they say 4.1 will be "released for arcades" as well, they mean just for Japanese arcades, or arcades worldwide??? /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

2. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

From what I heard VF evolution will only be released in the arcades. This is from the Xengamers interview:

XenGamers: There have been rumors suggesting Virtua Fighter 4 will be released for Xbox, can you discuss that?

Kihara: There were rumors on the net about VF 4.1 for Xbox, weren't there? Famitsu asked us about it too. The truth is, we are not developing any such game. If someone has created a VF4.1 for Xbox, please give it to us! (laughs).

XenGamers: So there no plans for an Xbox version of VF4 in the future?

Kihara: No.

3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member