1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So what old school games, are you guys currently playing?

Discussion in 'General' started by beanboy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I'm back to Last Blade 2.

Iwazaru and MadeManG74 like this.
  2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Rollback addition?

3. lordraptor

lordraptor Member

Mostly fighting games, Tekkens, Virtua Fighters, Soul Caliburs, Last Bronx, Marvel Vs games, KOF XI, UMK3 and MK4, SFA Anthology, Fatal Fury 3 and Garou Mark of the Wolves.

Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Crash Bandicoot trilogy, Bully Scholarship Edition, GTA IV & V.

I guess if they are considered old school, since, they're all at least 5 years old by now, the newest game I'm playing would most likely be SCVI.

beanboy and Tumbling Dice like this.
  4. beanboy

Nah. The one on older consoles like the dreamcast.
    But as I read your comment, I had to do some internet searching. I didn't know that the digital versions, on current consoles and pc, are getting rollback like Garou Mark of the Wolves. That is cool.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    MadeManG74 likes this.
  5. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Street Fighter Alphas mostly 2, Street Fighter 3 series, mostly 2 as well as Virtua Fighter 2. Garou Mark of the wolves. MvC2 always.

6. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Do you guys play the new Streets of Rage 4 ?

The game is great !

beanboy, Tumbling Dice and Rodnutz like this.
  7. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I just bought it this morning and plan to stream me playing it later tonight.

8. beanboy

Project Justice 2 and KOF Evolution.

9. beanboy

KOF 98
    I beat it with the Army team last night.
    Then training mode with Lucky, since I couldn't remember most of his moves. I must admit, that basket ball dude Lucky, is really fun to play. And Ralf Jones is da dude!

MadeManG74 likes this.
  10. beanboy

SF3 Double Impact. (Dreamcast)
    I've been playing it since Monday. And I beat the game this week, with Ryu, Ibuki and Akuma. I unlocked Akuma and Gill so far. Poor Hugo got raging demoned.:p

I will admit, the cpu on easy can be cheap, and would sometimes predict, every move you do in advance. And that half merman fish, 1980's blonde haired, head and shoulders shampoo super model/Conan the Barbarian dude called Gill, is annoying even on easy. Lol!:p

I haven't played SF3 games in years. But so far, the game is kinda fun.
    I'll play SF3 New Generation soon. And even that watered down 3rd Strike game too.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Tumbling Dice likes this.
  11. beanboy

More SF3 Second Impact. I listened to most of the soundtracks yesterday evening. I actually prefer alot of the tracks in this game, more than the ones in 3rd Strike.

And back to Last Blade 2. The soul of the samurai/ninja calls.:ninja:

Iwazaru likes this.
  12. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Played through career mode of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and I'm about to revisit the classic PC game Mafia!

Tumbling Dice and jimi Claymore like this.
  13. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Playing Zelda: A Link To The Past on NSO online as part of the SNES games. It's good stuff. I didn't really get into Zelda until BotW. This is the fourth Zelda game I'm playing to completion. BotW, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD were the previous ones.

Killer7 on PS2. My PS2 works great on my TCL tv as it comes with a composite adapter. Switching it to game mode took away the lag. Killer7 is one of the coolest games out there. Was originally on GameCube, then ported to PS2 and a couple years ago was brought to Steam.

Just had the Turbo Grafix 16 mini delivered as well. Thought I cancelled it, but decided to keep it. After I'm done with Killer7 and ALTTP, I'm going to fire it up!

14. beanboy

Test Drive Le mans 24 hours.
    Racing in the rain is fun.:cool:

15. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

Dreamcast version? Very beautiful game. Devs also pushed some limits later on PS2 with grand prix championship and transformers armada.

16. beanboy

Yeah, the dreamcast version definitely.
    Also, I still have alot of cars to unlock.

Tumbling Dice and Iwazaru like this.
  17. beanboy

Let's go crazy!
    Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes.

Shadow Lady is alot of fun, but holy crap, she is tough to fight against. Teaming her up, with Chun Li or Morrigan in this game, is like the ultimate cool tag team duo. But concerning the last boss Onslaught, he will always be tough. I actually forgot how annoying he is, until I started playing this game again last week. The ultimate king of cheese. He definitely ranks up there, with those annoying KOF bosses. Lol!:p

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  18. beanboy

Plasma Sword Nightmare of Bilstein.
    I beat it for the first time last night. And I beat it with June too.
    The game is nice, but a bit rough.

Spoilers:
    The Princess chick Rain, is actually Bilstein's daughter.:eek:
    Yeah, that shocked me too. I was like dude,... what the heck?!:holla:

jimi Claymore likes this.
  19. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Killer 7 is on hold for now, but I'm halfway through apparently. Currently getting bodied in Shinobi on the PS2. I originally didn't like this game when it originally came out. I was really looking forward to it too.

Anyways playing it in 2020, made me realize I was a dumbass. Currently on the last boss, and I'm hoping I can beat him.

Wish this would join the Xbox bc program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46YJWZfULnU&t=24s

MadeManG74 likes this.
  20. beanboy

SF2 Championship Edition
    SF2 Hyper Fighting
    Last Blade 2
    Powerstone
    SoulCalibur (dreamcast)
    Virtua Fighter 3tb

Trying to learn the sumo guy in VF3tb. That sumo is sick!:D
    He's alot more fun than Ganryu, and he plays similar to a real sumo too.

MadeManG74 likes this.