1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So what old school games, are you guys currently playing?

Discussion in 'General' started by beanboy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

All the hostess substories finished. Had a fun time with most of them, all but one were awesome and their accompanied side stories were fun and I got to learn more about the differences between mainland and Okinawa. The combat is still a blast, so I'm always pumped to beat down assholes, get their money and spend it on dates, lol.

Apparently there are 119 substories and after finished the last hostess one, I'm at 108. There are some I won't be able to finish until I beat the game again (didn't carry my save from last year to Premium Adventure, lol) but I'll have a much stronger kit as well as timing of the Tiger Drop down. The Mine fight should be that much more of blast than the first time, which was already awesome. THEN I'll be able to finish the rest of the substories in PA, THEN the Amon fight.

The English lessons were awesome in this game too! Wasn't expecting the ending and legit LOL'd :ninja:

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Thursday, I played Dhalsim twice in Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers. Then I played SF Alpha 2 on snes with Rose, Chun Li, Ken, Rose and Katana. That was a fun SF night.

3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

beat Yakuza 3 again and the last "dungeon" was a lot shorter than I remember. Still good stuff all around and THIS TIME I made sure to create a clear data to go into Premium Adventure for sub-story clean-up -> Amon fight. Gonna take a break and then continue to it.

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

5 sub-stories left before the Amon fight. These are golf, 9-ball(pool), darts, bowling and a chase. Curious about 9-ball's requirements, can I save after each game or do I have to play through all three matches in one go?

Other than that. The post game is awesome and the coliseum matches in it, have a boss rush of sorts, where you even get to fight one boss that you never had the chance to fight for story reasons. That alone made it worth it, since they were one of my favorite villains in the game.

I'll be going to back 9-ball last since that one is kicking my butt and I make the same mistakes in it, that I do in real life o_O

5. beanboy

After a few days of not gaming, Tuesday 6th April 2021 was my gaming day. I took my time, and gamed from 2 pm to 2 am the next day, with dinner and snacks in between.:holla:

I started off at 2pm with Soul Calibur. Played Voldo, Ivy and Ivy again.

Then, I played Ryoma in Powerstone a bit later on. That was fun.

Non stop CvS1 fun afterwards.

I used the code and played the secret character Oboro Bishamon in Vampire Chronicle. 1st time I ever beat the game with him.

Then I played Project Justice, with my team of Batsu, Hinata and Ran Hibiki. That was a fun playthrough. Looking at the character select screen, I realised I still have two more characters to unlock. I'll have to go through story mode again, to unlock the other characters.:p

I picked Chun Li and Venom in MvC1, and after a tough fight cheap against Onslaught, I got to see Venom's ending. Then, I did some vs cpu battles afterwards, and had some fun beating the cpu.

Then, I played some more CvS1 and made over 10000 vs points. I'll make more points, and then buy the secret Thailand stage, Morrigan and Nakoruru, and whatever else I unlock after I buy them. Hopefully, if I unlock Akuma in the shop, he doesn't cost like 100,000 vs points lol.

Almost 2 am, I finally learned to play Chang in KOF Evo. This fat dude is fun to play. I'd rather learn to play him in KOF than in CvS2. All they need to give him, is a Santa Claus costume and he'll be complete.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

As a recap there are 119 substories in Y3, and I've been at 117 since yesterday. I re-checked everything and counted along, but not dice. I'm supposed to finish Inner Fighter 7 and the Hitman missions. I was going to do these last two at some point but I didn't know, they are tied to the Amon fight.

They are haha. I finished the IF7 fights, even the ones I though I already did, so now I just need to get enough experience to unlock the Spirit gauge, since Minamida (the creator of the IF7 machine) mentioned something about having all the Spirit abilities. Been a little exhausting near the end because I'm expecting to be finished and was searching for things I thought I finished, but having fun just getting into fights. Hoping to have this cleared before the end of tonight.

beanboy likes this.
  7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

The last substory I needed was #2 which is at the top of the substory list......*facepalmEX* On the bright side, I did unlock more Colliseum matches, which I was wondering how to. I don't have full stats, but half-way there.

Anyways. Did it, fought Amon and it was ridiculous and awesome as most Amon fights the other Amon fights, sans Yakuza 6. That covers the Kiryu saga. Next are the multi-character games and Fist of the North Star. I saw on YT recommendations/thubmbnails that Lost Paradise has multiple Amon fights. Loving this, but I should take a break, but I don't want to.

Thinking about throwing the PS4 in the closet and bringing out the PS2. Could use some 3D Shinobi right about now....

8. beanboy

I played some Street Fighter Alpha 2 on Snes a while ago. I beat it with Rose twice in a row.:D

9. beanboy

Played some Powerstone yesterday. Had alot of fun playing it too. Then, some CvS 1. The good thing is, I finally made over 20,000 vs points. Now I can buy Nakoruru, Morrigan, and the secret Thailand stage, and still have some vs points left over, to buy anything else that unlocks in the shop. I might buy them tonight.:D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  10. beanboy

Aye, good news.
    After playing alot of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Saturday, I played CvS1 and bought Nakoruru, then Morrigan. These two girls are alot of fun to play. I unlocked more costumes for Nakoruru, and unlocked the ability to make characters run. I could use my VS points to buy them, and the Thailand stage, but I think I'll make more VS points and then buy them.

Played twice with Morrigan late last night on sunday. It was alot of fun. Now why the heck didn't capcom, give Morrigan her super hadoken move? Capcom being crapcom again.:D

I'll play some more tonight, after some game engine studies stuff etc.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  11. beanboy

I'm back to gaming again. Played Guilty Gear X twice late last night, with the character Anji Mito. And afterwards, it was CvS1 with the team of Benimaru and M. Bison. Yeah I know, that is a weird team up.:p

12. beanboy

Oy, I haven't commented here in a while. I've been playing CvS2 a few days ago. And alot of Soul Calibur again and KOF Evo last night. It was alot of fun.

13. beanboy

Last night it was Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition. Ryu and Chun Li all the way. Also, I'm playing VF3TB these days too.

14. Emptyeyes

Emptyeyes Well-Known Member

I'm playing Street Fighter 2 Hyper fighting currently. I find it well-balanced and the pinnacle of the Street Fighter series in hindsight of course.

Unfortunately, I do miss the Street Fighter EX series, but after buying Fighting Ex Layer: Another Dash for the Nintendo Switch, it's very reminisce to the predecessors, and even more so.

Arika, which contained much of the former Capcom employees that took part in the Street Fighter 2 development, the SFEX series and the original Fighting Layer, to me, were more preferable to me than the iterations after Street Fighter 2.

I'm currently looking for people to play with on the Nintendo Switch for general fighting game purposes. I'll definitely start adding people when I buy a PS4 for Virtua Fighter.

15. beanboy

I was playing the snes version of SF2 Championship Edition a while ago, with E. Honda, Blanka and Sagat. I had alot of fun playing it. I might play some more, and some SF2 Hyper Fighting later on today.:D

16. beanboy

Okay, so later on yesterday, I played Dhalsim and again I played Sagat in SF2 CE. That cheap cpu Vega predicted every move I did, I was like dude, what the heck? After a few tries, I beat him.

Later on, it was VF3TB fun. I played the team battle mode with Lion, Akira and Lion. I love the team battle mode in this game.

My second run with Jeffrey, Lion and Pai was a bit tough, as the cpu on 5th stage started to predict most of my moves. And worse of all, stinky Dural beat my whole team.:holla:

Then, after a few weeks, it was back to CvS1 and training in CvS1. I had fun trying Morrigan in snk groove, and then training with E. Ryu and the boxer Balrog. It was a fun gaming night.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  17. beanboy

Yesterday, I had alot of fun playing VF3tb. I played team battle mode about two times. Then, I played Chun Li, Mai and Nakoruru and Kim Kapwan in Capcom vs Snk 2. The hidden bosses, Rugal and Akuma are annoying, but I'd rather fight them, than the cheap overpowered versions of themselves, that sometimes takes multiple tries, which last like over 10 to 20 minutes plus to beat, when the cpu feels to play super cheap. Then, I did some training with Shin Akuma in practice mode. These overpowered characters, might be annoying to fight against, but are super fun to play.:D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  18. beanboy

Okay. Played some Soul Calibur. Some Powerstone. Then I had alot of fun playing Test Drive V Rally 2 last night. I played with the number 14 Corolla race car. Then, I went back to it again later. I even forgot that I unlocked variations of the main tracks. After 1:30 am it was some fun Zangief training in CvS 1.

Then I went to sleep.:zzz:

19. RJTM1991

RJTM1991 New Member

The SEGA Mega Drive Classics. Can't beat the Streets games and Shinobi!

20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Finally hooked up the retro-bit Saturn controller. Played some NiGHTS on the laptop and got worked with low rankings on Elliot's first stage. It's been a long time. The controller feels great, and it works on the Genesis-mini and the Switch. Need to run through PD Remaster with it, and PD Saga is still in the back log.