1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

So what old school games, are you guys currently playing?

Discussion in 'General' started by beanboy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. break

break Well-Known Member

PSN:
    breaktube
    XBL:
    Joe D Haze
    Man, there have been so many english-translations and QOL-hacks or retro games over the past two years.
    Outside of STEAM/PC games...the backlog continues to grow.
    Recently cleared [SNES] Mother 2 Deluxe (Earthbound USA)
    And currently playing [SNES] Return of the Dark Sorcerer (Final Fantasy III USA).
    Looking forward to the Pokemon remake on the switch this winter as well !

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Thursday, it was SF2 Championship Edition, and SF Alpha 2 on snes for me. I had alot of fun playing those two games.:)

3. beanboy

Okay, last night I played Felicia and Sasquatch in Vampire Chronicle. I beat the game in 1 try with Felicia, despite Jedah playing cheap as always. Then I played CvS1 to try and fight Akuma. I was able to encounter the secret character Morrigan twice. But because my gp points kept dipping below 80 gp, I was unable to fight Akuma. I'll try again either today or tomorrow. I then played Blue Mary in training mode, to practice her combos and super moves in KOF Evo. That was fun.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  4. beanboy

Test Drive V Rally 2 and Capcom vs Snk 2. With some Fighters History, Project Justice, Soul Calibur and Last Blade 2 on the side.

5. beanboy

Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the snes. I beat it with Chun Li and Zangief. But the Zangief playthrough, was a bit challenging but fun.:cool:

6. beanboy

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 these days. But last night it was MvC2, and back to MvC1 for me. First time I beat the game with War Machine. I like his ending. Him in space, watching a fancy colourful Earth, with lots of stars. That pic looks so sci fi 80's.:D

7. beanboy

Last night I finally unlocked Akuma in CvS1. Whew. About time too.:p

8. beanboy

I played the snes version of Killer Instinct 1 late last evening, practicing Orchid's combos and a combo I learned on gamefaqs.

Dude! I did a 14 hit plus combo. Sick!:holla:

9. beanboy

Killer Instinct
    Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X
    Fighting Vipers 2

10. beanboy

Final Fight 3 on snes dudes. And Jewel Blast 2 on android.

So what are you guys playing?

11. beanboy

Both VF3tb and Soul Calibur the other day.

12. beanboy

Capcom vs. Snk 1 and VF3TB.
    I played some bejewelled the other day too.

13. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Playing Shinobi on PS2 right now and a little bit of PD Saga. I'm on the 4th stage right now of Shinobi and the the end boss of the first level is just destroying me. Building up Tate to hit her is rough because the smaller enemies, Nyokanga, are aggressive and won't hesitate to stuff air-dash attempts and building up power. I'll persevere, lol.

PD Saga I found my out of the desert and landed into a caravan, where I need to head North, I need to get back to it but the enemies are becoming more mobile so it's becoming a little harder to set up shots on weak points.

Console news:

I was thinking of an Xbox series X mainly for BC but come to find that Bangai-O HD Missle Fury has been delisted on the Xbox marketplace. This was the third Treasure game on the 360. The other 3 are still up but it's a bummer. I do hope Jet Set Radio Future and Gunvalkyrie make it to BC, as that would tip me to buy one. I wouldn't say no to a remsaster though.

GV in particular is still too awesome.

[Unedited] Gunvalkyrie - Saburota Valley 1 S-Rank - YouTube

My friends hated this game, but I loved it. It was exactly what I was looking for at the time. Game is still crisp.

beanboy likes this.
  14. beanboy

Some CvS1 fun a while ago. Playing alot of Chun Li these past few days. Today, it was Chun Li and Geese Howard, then Chun Li and Akuma. I made over 85 points, and after I defeated Balrog the boxer, I ended up fighting Akuma with Akuma in Bisons stage. Gasp! I wasn't expecting him to show up. It was a tough fight for my Akuma, and my moves kept dropping, but I ended up winning. Yay!

Then I went into training mode in MvC2, to re-learn Ruby Heart, Captain Commando and Amingo. Boy that was alot of fun. I remembered a handful of Ruby Hearts, and the other two's combos. Nice.:)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  15. nou

nou Well-Known Member

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

17. beanboy

I still haven't played Gun Valkyrie yet. I remember it was supposed to be released for the dreamcast, then it ended up on the Xbox instead. In the case of Shinobi, I haven't played that one either.:p

18. nou

nou Well-Known Member

That's probably something you want to get on, especially Shinobi . Top 3 PS2 game and one of Sega's best games in general. It's topping off at $25 for now, which means it's risen and the prices never fall, if you go the non-emulator route.

7-B is kicking my ass. I ended up watching some videos and people seem to keep the camera low the entire time and stick to dashing. I unlocked one of the secret characters too. I'm trying to unlock the bonus stages and collect all the coins hidden throughout the levels. I'm missing two coins on 8-A and 3-B (normal difficulty). Game is so good.

beanboy likes this.
  19. beanboy

Was playing some Dhalsim in good ol' SF2 Hyper Fighting snes the other day. But I have been playing Soul Calibur, MvC1, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Project Justice, CvS1 and 2, since it was the anniversary of the sega dreamcast the other day.:D

20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I need to vent. I'm more than pumped for Lost Judgment. If you pre-order/buy now digitally, the game unlocks on tomorrow the 21st, but if you go physical have to wait for Friday before I can get it. The early access dlc seasons pass shenaningans are gross, but I was going to bite.

The one thing bringing me down to earth is the talent agency for the main character is one some crazy shit, so I could see something dumb happening later on because of them (they are the reason the PC isn't getting any of the Judgment games, haha), but maaaaan I neeeeeeeed this.

The skateboarding, new fighting style, robot battles and I believe there are motorcycle races, just look intense from the first trailer I saw a couple months back. Stayed solid on the media blackout, just a few more days.

The combo videos for this game are going to be legendary. Character being in his late 30's and juggling high-school kids into oblivion is just THAT GREATNESS!!!

Speaking of combo vids and RGG

Ultimate Yakuza COMBO Collaboration - Part One (4K 60FPS) (1 Year Channel Anniversary) - YouTube

Ultimate Yakuza COMBO Collaboration - Part Two (Official Video) [4K 60FPS] - YouTube