1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sobering Shun

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Chibitox, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I thought this should be a good idea to gather all information about sobering Shun in one thread, please help this guy getting a normal life back and leave alcoholism behind /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I remember Srider writing about some -4/-5 DP stuff with Vanessa against shun in a arcadia magazine, maybe he can retrieve this info ^^
    I'll begin with a few.

Akira:
    Finish the round with something that leaves him standing (ex 3K) then:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (-3DP)

Other combos
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (CH), /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (-1DP)

Lion:
    Finish the round with something that leaves him standing (ex 3K)then:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (-3DP)

-Finish the round with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (-3DP)

2. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Round finisher
    Wolf:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (-3dp? need to confirm this)

General rule, any slaps with all characters sobers?

3. _MG_

_MG_ Well-Known Member

From the Lau thread:

4. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Goh:
    Finish the round with them standing. Just /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif works.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -2DP

Or

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -2DP

I don't think it's possible to take away more than 2 with Goh.

5. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Aoi:
    Finish the round with something that leaves him standing (ex 3K) then:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (-4DP)

Others combos during matches:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (-3DP)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif CH, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (-2DP)

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

From the Random Brad thread:

7. Anarkira

Anarkira Well-Known Member

Goh

Finish the round with them standing.like with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    If shuns back to a wall
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (-3DP)

8. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Thanks keep them coming, I'll update the first post with everyone findings and then post it on the wiki if it's ok for everyone.

9. luminux

luminux Member

As a shun user, i disapprove this topic.....

10. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Aoi has the best move for sobering Shun...Slaps ftw.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hmm, could of sworn I posted this like a year ago, but I can't find it! Anyway, this wiki article is under the Shun page, and originates from Tougeki Damashi Vol.6 (dated around Aug 2007).

Sobering Shun

There are a bunch of notes that accompany the table, but I'm not able to translate it all. If you have difficulty with any of the mentioned combos, post up and we'll try to figure it out.

Also, if you find better post KO sober combos, post them!

12. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Hooooly friggin crap... I totally forgot you could sober shun after a match with certain stuff. I remember seeing it in a vid long time ago(when I didn't have the game), and just forgot. Great thread!

13. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Wolf sobering moves...

pp6p4p = 1
    6pp = 1
    hcb pp = 1
    43p = 1
    p+k = 1
    6p+k, pp = 1
    4k+g, p+g = 1
    9p+k = 1
    shining wizard = 1
    RAW p = 1
    hcb p+g = 1
    3p+g, 46k = 1
    hcf p+k = 2
    8K+g = 2
    giant swing = 2
    giant swing (max input) = 3 <=== /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

14. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Are there any throws that sober, where exact recovery can reduce the amount of drinks sobered, as well as the damage? Just curious, like with giant swing above, when do the sobers occur exactly.

15. luminux

luminux Member

When wolf release Shun's legs.

16. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

The problem is if you use it against a really good Shun player, you'll probably piss them off and get a beatdown of your life...

17. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

That's only true if it's already a lose/lose scenario... if you're playing against a really good Shun, then letting them get too many drinks also leads to you getting the beatdown of your life.

18. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

Can Pai sober Shun?

19. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

Yeah,after the win, do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to leave Shun standing, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (full charge), then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (they messed up the direction on the VFDC wiki; /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif doesn't sober!) It should take 4 DP off.

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Everyone can Sober Shun.

All Sober information is available in the the Command Lists (access them via the left-side site menu). The Sober information is found in the Notes column, so just do an inline search (Ctrl-F) on the word Sober.

Sorias, I'm not aware of any throws that will have a reduced Sober amount due to exact recovery.