1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sobering Shun

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Chibitox, Feb 23, 2008.

1. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

Ok thanks.

2. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

That's true...I guess you can just take the loss since you don't really have a choice.

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    wolf's pizza toss reduces dp by 1, and you can't exact recover that throw. also, perfect GS reduces 3 dps regardless whether shun TRs or not. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Just let the poor man drink! ;o;

5. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    On open stances jeff can do an airthrow vs shun after 3K+G,2P and 46P+K,2P combos for 3 drinks.
    Also 3K+G,2P,2P+K and 46P+K,2P,2P+K work on both stances for 2 drinks.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Unfair! They nerfed Akiras sobering ability with StPm /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Nerfed? More like balanced! He used to be able to take 5 DPs from Shun without any problem. That's way too much!

Anyway, I'd like to suggest those thinking of adding more character detailed Sobering tips/combos/etc that they consider creating a specific thread in each character sub-forum.

The wiki article I posted serves as a handy Post KO cheat-sheet, but there are obviously other strategies you can (and should) employ to sober Shun during the actual fight.

Thanks.

8. FallingEdge

FallingEdge Well-Known Member

I don't see why you guys want to do that to Shun. He just wants to drink and enjoy life.

<---- Shun player

I'll P+K+G to that.

9. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    More strategies for Brad please.

10. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

LOL!

11. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Shun is co-ol.

12. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    I don't use all characters, so I just know some characters...

Wolf.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif , /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. -3DP

Jacky.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(Do not make hit this), /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -3DP

Kage.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. -3DP

I forgot other characters. lol

But, DO NOT DECREASE MY DP!!

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  14. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    Oh really?!

I got info from Senningiri. So I was sure 66P+K+G will takes -DP.

But I didn't check it yet, so if you say doesn't take DP, yeah that is true.

That Wolf one is I found it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Found a way Goh can take away 3 dp's from shun, away from corner in open stance only.

KO them with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif then do:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif