1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal Gathering '09 results

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, May 24, 2009.

1. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Well said, Tony. I agree 100%

2. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    buwahahaha dennis, you totally deserved to be a team captain. One guess was the only reason you didn't pull off that last win.

Good to see you again, too bad you couldnt stay for the singles tourney.

3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    VVVadamYUKI VICTORY/VICTORY/VICTORY GGGGGG!!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Not only did he represent NY for some people but for me he represented Jeffry, Adam ftw!

4. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    [​IMG]

ownd! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Just because your abilities didn't get you far enough to even face him doesn't mean you have to be jealous. Is there something wrong with being enthusiastic towards someone I respect highly of? If there is something wrong with praising him too much then forgive me, if there isn't something wrong then stfu you lollipop /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (owned!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

6. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    THERE HE IS!
    told u monty & adam

7. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Rooster Pop!?!

8. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Kamais_Ookin as I'm sure everyone in Socal can tell ya your idol Mr.Adam Yuki may be great in all but he sure isn't no Denkai. I'll be sure to take out your prince charming in the nationals

9. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    and i'll be sure to take denkai out /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

10. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm sure to take Flash out /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
  12. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I also fancy myself some yusoke and Myke /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

13. _Denkai_

so you also fancy foursomes?

14. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Hey guys~
    Interesting thing is some people found me in facebook!!
    How many people are using this shit??
    Maybe we can add each other and that will be nice!!!

Facebook: Dennis Shih ---- (My last name is from Kage)

15. Dennis0201

After this Socal event, I found something I would like to share.

Back to the first time I met Konjou online, I totally changed my stereotype about US VF players. And I'm glad to join this big family VFDC!! When time goes by, I realize East probably owns better environment so that there are more good players there. Adam, Denkai, Konjou, and Flash, I think I don't need to announce their names actually. There is a circle between those players by checking every tournament's result. None of them can guarantee to beat the others. Why? Because they know each other too much! It's not a good thing coz that means only few top players focus on VF.....
    Before Denkai left WCG last year, I remembered I told him if he could stay, and the final would be between him and Adam. The reason was simple, because they two kept their best but the others didn't.

You guys probably missed the best fights in Socal this year between Yosuke and Adam on Thursday night. All I can do was standing behind of them and watching those great matches.(Catherine was there too and I believe she learned a lot from Yosuke's Pai). At first, Yosuke raped Adam like 6 in a row, but Adam tried to stop Yosuke and he did it! Then Yosuke raped him again but Adam stoped him again! Yosuke not only picked Jacky but also Pai, Shun and Lion. Each time after Yosuke's explanation Adam's problem, he became more and more tough!! The only way to beat Yosuke is to be used to his style, and I think Adam could have the single champ this time just because he was more familiar with Yosuke's style, that's it. But the question is, how many people in that room can reach this level? Ask yourself if you really played with Yosuke before.

I really admire Adam and I'm glad he reach the next level. I'm pretty sure he has more cinfidence since this event!! But can I say Adam is better than Yosuke?? Haha~ NOWAY~~ Yosuke is still much more better and we don't need to deny this fact.

Adam, you have proved "nothing is impossible" this time!! I don't really care about other's thought, and you deserve the best US player for me!! Good job bro!!!

16. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    also because matches were set to 5 rounds and denkai was using shun /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

anyways, adam also raped yosuke's jacky 5 in a row on plague's new tv. everyone was quiet when that happened. it's all about character match up. adam knows jacky very well because of denkai. however, he doesn't know his matchup vs pai very well...which is why i'm surprised yosuke picked jacky in the finals at gerald's house. yosuke rapes me with jacky for free, because i still havent figured out the matchup with wolf. but i can beat adam because i play his jeffrey A LOT. see what i mean? i DID learn quite a few NEW things from playing yosuke and myke which im sure will work well against any good player! MYKE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS MATE! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

OH YEAH! add me on facebook, "Flashback LRC" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    <span style='font-size: 26pt'>O_O</span>

18. Dennis0201

That's true. The rule was stupid but I think Denaki did the right choice!!

That's what I mean, no one can judge you four which one is better based on yours matches, because you understand each other too much. Yes, if Yosuke picked Pai or Lau even Lion, Adam would have more trouble against him actually. I should say Adam right now has more confidence against Jacky~~

19. _Denkai_

That confidence against Jacky is called 2p. Adam can tell ya the trick I taught him

20. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    NIGGA! teach ME!!!! >=O