1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal Gathering '09 results

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, May 24, 2009.

1. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

He just said it. LOL. It was very evident on the matches too. I thought you understood what was going on? I'll tell you when we get to Hawaii /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

2. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Nigga - you didn't teach it to me; i learned it on my own through trial & error. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    holla cuz i hear ya!

4. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I remember telling you Adam..then maybe you knew before I already told you..Holla at that shit..change the name of this thread to Holla if ya Hear me!

5. CIDKID

CIDKID Well-Known Member

Adam, you know who really taught you 2p...stop frontin. lol

6. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

The Real Two P. Just as annoying as 2p. A hit and run type of Nigga lol!!! He hits when you least expect it stops your groove force you into a Nitaku situation (Either you spin kick and take damage or get pummeled and lose chunks.).So put it this way there a lil Two P. in all of us.

[​IMG]

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Mr. Two Piece and a biscuit himself. Well done sir. Well done.

8. SDS_Overfiend1

Could'nt be explained any better right Jerky lol!!!!

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ooooo snizzap

10. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

congratulation to Adam. I really admire not only the result, but also, morea likely what you prepared against me during the final. It is kind of weird for me who lost to say winner, but good luck on learning other characters and on WCG tournament.

by the way, I am pretty sure it is not because he knows Jacky well, but he knows "my" Jacky. It I were other japanese Jacky player who is as good as me, he would have a troble.

you could say Adam is now a better player than I am using a definition of being a good player in the US.

the definition of being a good plyaer is to beat all players, of course, but the meaning is different between the us and japan. I mean that beating a one good specific player in japan has nothing if you can not beat other players, in contrast, in the us, being a good player is of course winning against players, but the players are so specific that how some of you beat others is to adapt to thier each style.

Therefore, I don't mind if you say you are better player than I am. It could be right.

some of you like dennis, who thinks I am still a better player, and I assume it is because of my knowledge, the strategies and techniques which can use on various players.

other players think adam is better accrding to the result, and he can keep high winning precentage on players in the us.

I presonally really don't care. just keep in mind that Kazu was saying the same thing as well.

again, congratulation for the tournament! i wouldn't say i should have picked other characters, but say you did very well.

11. SDS_Overfiend1

In short of this Backhanded compliment...your saying if it were another japanese Jacky he would've lost? WOW!!! I Get what your trying to say Yosuke but that besides the point. Im ready to go out on a limb here and say Let some of our so called best Go to Japan and play in a healthy eviroment and they will become better just like you guys.

Damn i thought i never see the day. I really don't know what to think anymore Honestly.

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

13. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

actually, jerky just said it best!! thas exacly what he meant!

good shit jerky

14. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Oh shit, a chance to chime in right after two other Dominicans! This going to be great! Ok, now I just gotta come up with a clever and worthwhile post...

I got nothing =/

P.S.
    What happened to Renzo?

15. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    HOLLA

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thanks Yosuke! However, I don't believe that I am the best just because i won the tournament. Most others will agree with this. I've never believed a simple tournament win can decide. There are many factors such as winning consistently, a good understanding of the game system & character knowledge, great reaction speed, reading opponents & adapting (yomi), and other factors.

I need to further develop many of the above criteria. No one here would deny that you are a superior player overall.

Thanks for giving me some good advice in SoCal.

17. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

in other words, the true way to test it, is a.......

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>DEATHMATCH TOURNAMENT!![/size]</span>

18. SDS_Overfiend1

Nah im not taking it personal but im just saying its not that serious on the house tournament side of things. With Big Bank on the line thats when it matter win or lose.

19. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

good thread, good result, good comments-

i'd agree yosuke, - for me.. my whole attitude of vf was to become universally adapt inwhich case moreso.. knowlege behind a player's skill, than knowlege of the player's skill (patterns) is much more of the improvement basis of VF. (... i.m.(h).o...)..

but hey, anyway, cant wait to see some movies.

20. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Hey, are you guys saying, that the measure for how strong you are, should not be solely based on how well you do against a single player, but how many different players and styles of play you can beat or do well against?

Wait a sec, I thought that that was already how everyone here understood that way of measuring how strong a player someone is/was?

Cause I mean, you can't beat everybody, and there will ALWAYS be players that can hand you your ass no matter who you think you are. Just natural contrast.