1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Socal gathering at AI 2/18

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

this is for the guy that is coming to town that week. Spotlite and Gribby should be able to make it. Lets see if we can get a good turn out.

2. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I should be able to make this one. I was actually on my way up there last Saturday but right before I left, my brother called saying he was coming to visit. Then he didn't get here until 1am the following morning. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Hey I'll be in LA on friday, I'll definately be looking for some comp in Vf4. Where's AI? And how far is it from the airport? Chances are I will be staying at the Howard Johnson Hotel by the port until I can catch up with some of my old buds.

4. Brisal73

UnCauzi can you make the 18th date? if so email me and I'll give you directions how to get to Arcade Infinity

5. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Yeah I can probably make it, I sent you a PM.

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Catherine and I should be there.

7. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I'll be there. Hey Brisal can you post the exact address of AI pls?

grib.

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hey Uncauzi, do you have transportation? If you don't, we might be able to work something out (sometimes I give Gribbly rides, he also lives kind of near the airport).

AI is kind of far from LAX, so let us know if you need help.

BTW, is anyone interested in having a PS2 session while Uncauzi's in town? We could save replays, use our custom characters, ver. C, and it is free /versus/images/icons/wink.gif. I know that Brisal, Grib and I all have copies now. How long will you be here again?

Spotlite

9. gribbly

I'd be up for that... any weeknight except wednesday (I'll skip kickboxing for a good VF get together!).

grib.

10. Brisal73

ok here is the address to Arcade Infinity.
    1380 S. Fullerton Rd.
    Suite 206
    Rowland Heights, Ca 91748

About meeting at Spotlite's house. I can go anyday except friday. My preferred day would be tuesday or thursday. But at least it seems we will have a good amount of people showing up at AI on Monday the 18th. I could probably make it around 8pm on Monday.

11. gribbly

I thought you played basketball Mondays?

12. Brisal73

i have a bye this week. I start again next monday

13. chandlerz

chandlerz Member

I go to AI next monday, when are everyone going to?

14. Brisal73

ok today is the day. i will be there at about 8pm. See you guys and girl there. - Brian

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    8pm sounds cool. We'll be there.

16. chandlerz

chandlerz Member

Thank you!!!

Today, I had great fun time VF4. Today I played Jacky!!

I'm looking foward to playing VF next time, and will stay
    here(Irvine) till end of March.

17. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re: Thank you!!!

great session, everyone. I was really happy to meet Plague and wife, Chandlerz, and VF4Akira. The best VF4 night I've had in LA!

I hope we can all keep it up, we should stay in touch.

Spotlite

18. gribbly

Re: Thank you!!!

We should meet up again next Monday. Either same place, or maybe at someone's place for some PS2 VF4 action.

Shame my Aoi got owned so much though... must... practice =]

cam.

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Great night

Very nice to see everyone there last night. We would have liked to stay longer, but we had to finish some things up at home before going to sleep.

We'd like to do this again in two weeks or so (give or take a few days). Friday and Saturday nights are best for us, but any other day usually works with just a little advanced notice.

20. Brisal73

Great turnout

I agree with Spotlite. This was the best VF session I have ever been apart of. I would just like to thank everyone who showed up. I would love to have this type of turnout everytime.
    if anyone wants to have a home version gathering that would be great. I unfotunately can't have it at my place yet, but when i move I would be more than happy to put a thing together. Maybe get a multiple Vf gaming set up have some pizzas or barbeque type thing. So people can just move around and play and not wait to play. Thats just a thought.