1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF Party, March 27th-30th, 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    AMERICAN AIRLINES FOR ME! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

i arrive on thursday 9:30. i believe i am gonna wait for adam, monty, and rodney's arrival.

thanx praygu!

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

We are flying Continental.

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Ok sweet. My airline is Ted /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

4. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

ill be there saturday

5. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Plague, I am flying southwest.

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I'm flying with AA (no, not Alcoholics Anonymous) American Airlines. Looking forward to meeting you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    And so, it begins.

Yes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

8. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Expressjet aka continental express

9. haunts

haunts Well-Known Member

Plauge, awesome. thank you.

I am flying Southwest.

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    JetBlue[/size]

11. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Thanks Plague, didn't realize you had a link on the first post. I'd figure it be that Motel 6, but needed to make sure.

Tonyfamilia and KoD, you guys still up for splitting a room?

Also, since I have a modded VSHG (001 is the man..) I have no need for my Hori FS3 stick anymore. It's brand new only used once still in the box. If anyone is interested in taking it off my hands let me know so I can take it to the event. It cost me $60 so I'll take it for half $30. Let me know if anyone is interested.

12. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I'd prefer to just wait and see what the situation is like w/ a sleeping bag first, but if that makes you nervous I can commit to splitting the room.

13. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
    Private Jet</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">j/k wish I was there</div></div></div>

14. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

If no one else buys it in the interim, I'll probably take it off your hands out there lol.

15. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good idea. I know for a fact that I'm going to need a room for, at the very least, one of the nights that I'm there. I'm going to have to take myself out of the game and get a good night's rest at some point.
    Pinetree, I'm down to split it down the middle for, at the very least, one night. But like KoD said, I'm going to feel out the mayhem and see if I can get some sleep at Plague's and save some money.

UPDATE: Personal delay. Will be in Cali tomorrow, Wednesday at 11am. Still AA. I will be sleeping in Dallas tonight... so all you Dallas ladies come out and show the Fam-man some love <3<3<3
    XD

16. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Hrrm . . . seriously, does this look too much like the unabomber's suitcase?

[​IMG]

17. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

He used envelopes didn't he? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And yeah man if I saw that go under the x-ray I'd have you stopped pronto lmao. Man I get stopped with just a stock stick and no additional wires or tools almost each time I go through airports, so it's a pretty safe bet you'll have to give the speech to someone. Usually they laugh and say "Oh really? That's cool, what system is this one for?" but sometimes they give you the evil eye :\

(P.S. that modded HG is hot fiah.)

18. Gimpyfish62

Gimpyfish62 New Member

yo, i'm not really involved in this community or this game but i live in riverside and i'm a very high level nationally known smash bros player, i'm thinking about stopping by for a bit to have a glance at another community because i have nothing better to do this weekend (taking a break from smash to pick up other games)

19. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    KoD and Tonyfamilia: Don't sweat it guys, just trying to see what I'm looking at when I actually get there too. If you guys decide to just stay at Plague's no big deal. Remember though, it's roughly gonna be $40 for two nights, or $20 a night if you decide for one night only. Perhaps I'll even get offers from other players wanting to get a bed during my stay there.

KrsJin: If you want that FS3 I'll hold it for you when we meet up? I also have a Hori EX2 that I'm bringing along, but might end up selling as well. Same price $30, any takers?

Plague: I know you posted on this forum and other ones on how to save your xbox 360 profile onto a memory card. Does this also save your button configuration? I don't have a memory card, but if it saves my profile, game data, and button config. for VF5 then I'll make sure to get one so that I won't have to mess with the settings whenever I play, thanks.

20. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That's my fault entirely, I was thinking of the EX2 when you said FS3 for some reason. Sorry man. So yeah I won't be getting that one, so keep it on the market.