1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF Party, March 27th-30th, 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Dec 21, 2007.

1. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Hey, ask Gorgonzola if he remembers a BboyDubC Akira player from xbox live. We always have good matches and keep rematching each other lol! Tell him what's up from vfdc for me!

(I hope I'm not mixing him up with one of the other Laus I play that dominate me - I think he is the one where we go back and forth =))

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am very interested, its all going to depend on budget.

3. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

I would like to go, but damned if I can figure out how to get there and back at a reasonable price (damn you college!!)

4. NykkoMT

NykkoMT Active Member

I might come to this.
    How far do you guys think it is from Sacramento?

5. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

6-7 hours depending on traffic and how fast you drive.

If your into VF this is something not to miss

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This is dennis, and I would like to
    join the party if u guys don't mind!!!
    (I'm a beginner on VFDC)

Hope can see all the players on VFDC and have fun!!!!

7. soakrates

soakrates Well-Known Member

I plan to attend this if all goes well. Also, us NorCal VFers are planning a big event of our own, and any SoCal players that wish to show up are more than welcome.

So far we think it will be held either the second or third weekend of February at 001's house in Danville. The NorCal thread has more information.

Hope to see some of you there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Dennis,

Of course you're invited. This type of event works for new players all the way through to the best in the world. Hope you can make it.

Good to see interest from people that haven't been to one of these before - you and everyone else in that category.

Thank you for considering.

9. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

i plan to go and scrub out as well

10. Dennis0201

Hi Plague:
    Thanks for inviting!!!
    I'm also wondering how many monitors are used for playing VF?

If too many people(I hope that!!!), maybe one TV is not enough.
    I can bring my XBOX360 if u guys need, just let me know.^^

11. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

not talking for Plague but he usually has enough tvs but needs systems vga cables sticks and games...dont forget memory cards to transfer character data

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    EL_Brisal73 is right. I have a 32" SDTV and four 20" Dell Widescreens. Check out the photos at the end of this post. EL_Brisal73 is also right stating that I need you all to bring 360s, games, and sticks. I've got two XBOX VGA outs courtesy of EL_Brisal73 and HDMI to DVI cables for those having 360s with HDMI-out. You all still need to bring audio out. I have adapters and speakers for the monitors so that is OK. Just make sure you have red/white composite out.

13. boxedwishes

boxedwishes Member

Pencil a determined(scrubby) Goh to attend, but all I can provide is a hori stick. I go by the xbox gamer tag Mosaik27 and would like to learn something about the offline VF scene.

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Sweetness! You are on the list as a confirmed attendee. These events rock. I hope you enjoy it.

Also: Got a PM today. kungfusmurf bought himself some plane tickets! So awesome it's beyond words. This kind of dedication to the scene makes it great for everyone involved. NYC! Texas! Utah! Louisiana! Ohio! Florida! Japan! UK! Australia! Everyone! Follow this trend! YES!

15. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

if u havent seen my post earlier i had confirmed im goin as well. nocturnal also. hope i can beat some ppl and wont be a sandbag the whole night.

16. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ahh! Good. I wasn't sure if you had confirmed. I'll put Nocturnal in, too.

17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Hey, remember me? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm not sure about the 27 to the 29th because of work, but I can definitely make it on the 30th.

18. Dennis0201

hey DRE:

Haven't seen u online for such a long time!!!!
    I miss ur Lei~

19. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'm pretty interested in attending but it's gonna be a bitch to sort out.... I'm fine on the money for travel and chipping in on food and stuff but it's a bit of an epic journey, haha.

I'm gonna have to look into it and let you know nearer the time, probably late Feb. I can bring 1 stick and a memory card, no point bringing my 360 cause it won't work, amirite? Is there anything else i'd need to bring?

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Well if you can make the trip, all I ask that you bring is, well, yourself. How awesome that you'd consider doing this.