1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF Party, March 27th-30th, 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I've never flown before, so the biggest problem is just sorting the flight out. I have no clue what i'm doing, lol. I checked around google and cheapest I could find a return flight on those dates from Doncaster UK ( my nearest Airport ) to LAX was around £800... does that sound about right?

If anyone could help with this i'd really appreciate it.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hmm... I did a search on Travelocity using Manchester (I did not find Doncaster, although I'm sure it's possible to do so) and LAX. The round trip is around £400 rather than £800. There are definitely deals to be had. Set your arrival date for Thursday, the 27th or Wednesday the 26th (evening, if possible) and plan to leave the following Sunday or Monday.

3. Feck

Cheers Plague, that works out a lot cheaper. I just got to sort the money out and arrange it. I'll be getting an evening flight on the 26th and departing on the 30th if thats ok.

I'll let you know when i've booked the tickets.

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Haven't flown before, and taking perhaps one of the longest flights you could possibly take as your first flight. To a VF gathering. You sir, are quite possibly, the textbook definition of gangster, leet, dope MC.

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Actually, I think your biggest problem is acquiring a passport if you are going to leave and enter a foreign country. I assume if you have never flown before that you might not have a passport.

I don't know how easy it is to get one in the United Kingdom but the process in the U.S. can take a couple of weeks to several months.

6. Feck

Awww fuck... I totally didn't think about this. I had one when I was younger but you have to get them renewed every 10 years, i'll find it out today.

If it needs renewing, i'll apply for it as soon as I can, I have no idea how long it takes... looks like I might be screwed.... noooo.

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Well, depending on the season, they're telling us here in the States that it can be as quick as two to three weeks. Hopefully it'll be that fast for you too.

8. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hi there, check to see if there are any expediting services available for this sort of thing in your region. When I bought my ticket to Japan I used a service to get my passport in less than a week.

9. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

I wish I could make it, but maybe next year.
    I think I will visit you guys before EVO. I may go to Evo west and would like to get qualified.
    I will buy a ticket around april, so i will let you know when I buy, talis.

10. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

Count me in. :)

11. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFigterG. Put me down because I WILL be there. Can't wait to see everyone again.

12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Gota book my flight asap. This is getting really close now.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hey there, everyone. Since some posts went missing, be sure to repost if you plan to come and are no longer on the list.

14. Count Renzo and me to be there on Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning. We will e-mail you our itinerary once the date gets closer. Hope to get into the VF fun!

15. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Looks like I may be out there for a full week. Four days prior to the event, then for the event. Gona hang out with a friend of mine near there, but if I get free time I could play games throughout that week as well.

16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Hello?

I don't remember how to play VF.... I'm coming to get raped. lol put me on maybe Talis. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

I seem to be missing now. Re-add me up.

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    DubC has been re-added!

Looks like we got some more East Coast action headed our way. I got the news yesterday - CheF_FraSH, Konjou_Akira, and adamYUKI!

This is incredible - this whole event amazes me every single time it takes place. So so so so SO AWESOME that everyone on the list is coming all the way out here.

19. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Shag enters the fray!
    [​IMG]

20. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

CHALLENGER COMES!

[​IMG]