1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF Party, March 27th-30th, 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    YES! So insanely cool!

2. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    "Wolf often woke up in a sweat over a recurring apocalyptic nightmare in which he always saw the same figure with a distinguishing scar. As he watched the final match in the Fourth Tournament, he was stunned to see the same mark on the mysterious Dural competitor. He couldn't make any sense of it, but he knew he had to find out more. When El Blaze issued a challenge to fight him in the Fifth Tournament, he immediately entered, but he knew that they would be in for more than a fighting match."

y'all best watch out! a storm is comin! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

[​IMG]

3. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

This is all great and all..but none of these people are Denkai!?

4. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Are you asking if none of these people are Denkai?

Try to say that sentence like a question...sounds really weird doesn't it..

Reminds me of Anchorman...

5. Duck_King

Duck_King Well-Known Member

How about at least having one set-up for X-Box Live play, and a
    web-cam(or cams) so people who can't get there can at least have
    the illusion of being at SoCal.Just an idea. What say you Plague?

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Who's fault is THAT man? JetBlue

To Duck_King: If a setup is actually open, of course. The thing is, 25 people and 5 set-ups normally = set-ups full of offline play!

7. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

We thought of making an online set-up available during a gathering at Flash's place. Everyone were too busy playing the people who were there. After all, we made an effort to be there.

Oh, btw Plague, it's not looking good for me. Unfortunately I'll have to drop out of this one. Budget isn't cooperating =(

8. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

lol my bad it was supposed to be a !

9. Hi Plague,

Please make room for Renzo and myself, because we'll be coming! We'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning.

We'll send you the itinerary once the date gets closer. Thanks!

Oh, and tell Catherine I want to play her. Heh heh.

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I shall ignore this!

Actually - you will remain on the list of Definite Interest! Not having the ability to attend does not put dampers on interest! Especially DEFINITE interest! HAHA!

11. Hey, you should be estatic Renzo and I are coming. D:

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Goh and Wolf have great pics but what do I have? *looks at avatar* /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
    The best I could do was a bad-ass pic of Sagat. If only Sagat could be in EVERY fight game I play /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
    Lol, looking forward to catching beatdowns from all you guys, this gathering is going to be one of the highlights of my year, I'm hyped son! Let's get it poppin! XD

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Of course I am! I'm even ecstatic* about it.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>*The Okapi doubles as my spell-checker.[/size]</span>

14. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I think these look cool.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Where do you get these pics?! Those are awesome! I searched in google and all I got was wack old pics. I'm saving these two and putting them on myspace /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Edit:
    <start hype> Looking forward to even-ing the score against your Goh. Both our characters were introduced in EVO and both our characters were really underpowered but now, in VF5, Brad and Goh are W.M.D's and in March they will meet again! What will happen when Muay Thai and Judo W.M.D.'s collide? Be there! <end hype>

16. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    Throw a confirmed up there for me.

17. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Dang, this event is really shaping up. Gona be nuts.

18. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Put me down for definite interest. I'm from southern Arizona (Yuma) but go to San Diego and LA all the time. Riverside isn't too far up from there. I've only played VF for a few months and I'm already going to a SoCal VF party, must be a sign of an addict in the making, lol!! I'm actually excited to meet other VF players since where I'm from I haven't found any...

I can bring my 360 & PS3 Hori sticks, both systems, and I was wondering if maybe I should just bring my tv as well?? I have a Samsung 32 HDTV (720p). I know you got a few monitors and stuff, but I wouldn't mind since I'd be in my car and can throw all that stuff in my trunk. I only have hdmi so I wouldn't have to get other cables that way, let me know.

Abraham

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hey! That would be awesome if you brought all that equipment. Very nice of you to bring the TV. Bigger set-ups are always a plus. No need to bring PS3 as I believe most everyone will want to be playing ver. C (which is exclusive to the 360).

20. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Cool, I'll do my best to make it then. If it's mainly 360's for Ver. C then my list of equipment is as follows:

360 elite with copy of VF5 and hori stick
    Samsung 32' HDTV, 720p

I hope to get a VSHG mod soon, see how that works out, I'll bring that out too if I ever get it.

edit: One thing though, is there a way I can reserve a place to sleep in your house and stuff if I do go since I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing that equipment and not knowing if something is gonna happen to it, lol, just being cautious.