1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF Party, March 27th-30th, 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Dec 21, 2007.

1. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    <chf_flash> 001, how HARD is it to mod a HG?
    <KoD> its not hard
    <KoD> i'm tempted to offer to help people out in socal, but worried that's all i'll end up doing while im tehre /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    <chf_flash> kod, just say that you'll do mine
    <chf_flash> and thats it
    <KoD> ahahaha
    <chf_flash> i'll PAY YOU!!!!
    <chf_flash> JUST MINE!
    <KoD> maybe i'll offer to mod one for whoever WINS THE TOURNEY ;0
    <KoD> I could prep a pcb before hand, that's most of the work.
    <adamYUKI> WOAH
    <adamYUKI> KoD: DEAL
    <chf_flash> WHAT IF THE WINNER DOESNT OWN A HG!?!?!??!
    <chf_flash> NO!
    <adamYUKI> wwhoever wins the tourney gets KoD mod!
    <chf_flash> >=O
    <KoD> ahaha
    <chf_flash> >=O<chf_flash> >=O
    <adamYUKI> i'ma make sure i win /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
    <KoD> srsly? I'll do the mod work for the tourney winner.
    <KoD> get some drama going.
    <adamYUKI> woah
    <adamYUKI> totally - this is sweet bro
    <akuma001> lets do it
    <adamYUKI> so KoD will offer mod for SoCal March tourney winner
    <KoD> yes
    <chf_flash> KoD MOD MY HG PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAASEEE?!?!?!?
    <KoD> ahahaha
    <chf_flash> i'll babysit for a month!
    <KoD> my wife would kill me if i didnt take that offer
    <akuma001> kod will sit in plagues kitchen modding highgrades all day in socal
    <KoD> ahahaha
    <chf_flash> NO! just mINE!
    <adamYUKI> hahahahah
    <chf_flash> >=O
    <chf_flash> i'll teach baby how to breakdance!
    <adamYUKI> flash babysitting
    <KoD> you just gotta win the tourney, man!
    <akuma001> imagine owning a stick a bunch of guys you beat paid for haha
    <akuma001> that would be something
    <adamYUKI> hahah
    <adamYUKI> that is so....DEEP
    <adamYUKI> i love it
    <KoD> yeah, that's totally hot
    <KoD> you should make them all sign it
    <adamYUKI> ROFL
    <KoD> I GOT OWNED BY ____
    <adamYUKI> PERFECT
    <adamYUKI> man..if i win...i will seriously do that
    <adamYUKI> I OWNED THE FOLLOWING:
    <akuma001> i should be a tournament director haha

Seriously, though, I will mod a joystick for the winner of the saturday tourney. I'll provide x360pcb , switch, labor, etc. , winner provides joystick. I'd like to be able to donate a VSHG too, but baby's gotta eat if he's gonna make HW class by 12 months /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif If there's a vshg available locally, tourney pot winnings oughta be enough to buy one anyway.

I'll do the pcb prep work before I go, so I should be able to get the rest of it done Sunday 'fore I leave. Someone local lend a drill ? I'm gonna get enough questions from security as it is with all the shit i'll be bringing. . . soldering iron, random pcbs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Hmmm...this might make me jump on the plane Socal in March. Dammit, I feel really bad for not going.

Adam you ain't got no High Grade, so you have to donate that PCB to NYC's finest Ninja =)

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Damahypedramhypedrama lol. This is more fierce than a MvC2 money match!

4. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Richard and I are coming.

5. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    THATS AWESOME!!!

i wonder what you two have in store for us this time in the kitchen! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

6. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Lau Chan said:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ryouri shitekureruwa! (I'll cook you something!)</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Seriously though, it would be our honor to cook for y'all.

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Can everyone say Road Trip to FRiscos's! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Wow! I am floored. There's still a month to go and this event is already most stunning as far as the attendance list goes. If my house falls over* due to the insanity, well, so be it!

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>*NOTE: This is not an invitation to destroy my home.</span>

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

So how many confirmed so far?

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    First post gets updated all the time! Look at list!

12. Oioron

Hmmm...you know what?! Count me in. I'm making an appearance afterall.

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

!!

Nice Oioron.

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Oh my! SWEET!

15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

How can I be absent if konjou and chief r from NY!!!!

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    nice monty.... NYC in full effect!

yo dennis come on you have to come.

17. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    i am not from NY! i represent VA! but i don't mind representing team NYC at all...hehe! that's my family! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    OK! Man! This is going to be so awesome! We're still a month away so things will only get brighter and crazier as the event approaches. In light of all this, I post the following...

Here's what you all can do to make this the best SoCal VF event yet:

1) PLEASE[/size] bring 360s, game discs, and sticks.

2) Consider pooling resources and renting cars.

3) If you feel so inclined, please contribute to the soda fund.

4) Remember that I do not turn people away and there are only seven soft places to sleep[/size]. If you are concerned about this - here's a reprint from the first post...

Places to stay: At these events, my house gets really full - one time, the count was 24 people. Half were sleeping at any given time in any place they could find - including the hallway and even the stone floor. I didn't mind this at all - I thought it was awesome. However, if you want privacy and the possibility of a place to sleep undisturbed, here are some choices for lodging: The Motel 6 near Plague's house which is 2.3 miles away. Also, check back to see if other SoCal players want to provide a place to stay. If you wish to call my house your home during the party, here's a list of the soft places on which you can attempt to sleep: two couches, two recliners, and three futons. I recommend you pack sleeping bags and pillows just in case. These soft places are not reserved for anyone. If you need to sleep, you use whatever spot you can find - it's likely to be amongst other people still awake and playing VF. A shower is available. I ask that it be used at what should be the quieter times of day - specifically 9am to around 1pm when people tend to be asleep and not needing to use the restroom.[/size]

I am so stoked about this event. It is such an honor that you are all making the trip to my house. My life would be missing a piece without the coolness that is the VFDC community.

19. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    i will definitely contribute to the soda fund! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

20. Oioron

I'll contribute to the soda (other drinks we might fancy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif) fund. I may bring 360 as well, not sure yet.