1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF party w/ Myke, YOSUKE, and more!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [​IMG]

What happens in Vegas... well that sorta stays in Vegas. That's nice and all. When it comes to VF, though... What happens in SoCal is seen all over the world and remembered forever![/size]

So... it's quite convenient that there's this huge tournament called Evo World in Vegas and even more convenient is the fact that Plague's house is only a couple hours away - OMG! Time for an incredible Evo World After-Party!![/size]

Just in case you needed a little more convincing as to why you want to extend your VF vacation and visit SoCal...

You'll get all the VF5 you can handle for days on end with [/size]Myke[/size] and [/size]YOSUKE![/size] Not to mention the <s>possibility of hanging</s> opportunity to hang out with [/size]Itazan![/size]

"Wait. Wait... did I just read the word Itazan?" - VFDCers all over the planet

Yes. Yes, you did. It's not confirmed as of this moment. I've got a really strong feeling that confirmation is imminent /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

In the mean time, post in this thread so you can be added to these lists...

Confirmed players: [/size]Myke, YOSUKE, Matt_K, SweepTheLeg, Unsafe_Dan, shoobert, Oioron, DancingFighterG, Itazan, chief_flash, Renzokuken, Denkai84, Richard,[/size] and [/size]s_aki![/size]

Definite interest from: [/size]Shang, TexasLion, Junosynth, k4polo, Yupa(!!),[/size] and [/size]Chanchai![/size]

It's gonna happen in a huge way and we've already got confirmed players - so here goes...[/size]

It's time to play at Plague's house!

Pack up your PS3s, High Grades, and RAP3s. Bring your VF5 skills and come to battle with the best SoCal, North America, and the world has to offer. Players from all over the globe are welcome to attend. I think it's definitely worth the effort.

There's always something magical about these events and the universal thought from the people that miss them could actually be this.[/size]

Event Date: Monday, August 27th through, gosh, well, maybe Sunday(!), September 2nd, 2007. How much VF can you handle?

Extra: YOSUKE is slated to be in SoCal from August 28th to September 10th. He'll be living at my house for the duration. Myke is slated to be in SoCal from August 20th to August 31st. He'll be living at my house for the duration. He will be traveling to Evo with us Friday morning and returning Sunday night after the finals are over. Both of these gentlemen may welcome VF action pre Evo and post Evo World after party.

Now for the details...

Party Place: Plague's House - 8538 Wild Pony Drive, Riverside, CA 92509

Party Time: Most of the action happens at Plague's House for 24 hours a day starting whenever people show up. If other SoCal players provide housing, it's likely you'll find VF action there, too.

Team Battle: If any of you remember the action from March, 2007, you know we all gotta do that again!

Team Battle Date, Time, and Location: Wednesday, August 29th, at 9:00 pm., Plague's House

Team Battle Rules:
    3-player teams. Depending on the number of teams, we'll go right into single elimination, random seeding -or- round-robin pool play to determine the finalists. Match is won by eliminating all players of the opposing team. No character switching. No one can use Dural. You may change the order of your team prior to your next bout. 200pts of health, 45 Seconds per round, best of 5 rounds (win 3 rounds).

If all this sounds good to you - here's where to stay and how to get here...

Places to stay: At these events, my house gets really full - one time, the count was 24 people. Half were sleeping at any given time in any place they could find - including the hallway and even the stone floor. I didn't mind this at all - I thought it was awesome. However, if you want privacy and the possibility of a place to sleep undisturbed, here are some choices for lodging: The Motel 6 near Plague's house which is 2.3 miles from the house. Also, check back to see if other SoCal players want to provide a place to stay. If you wish to call my house your home during the party, here's a list of the soft places on which you can attempt to sleep: two couches, two recliners, and three futons. I recommend you pack sleeping bags and pillows just in case. These soft places are not reserved for anyone. If you need to sleep, you use whatever spot you can find - it's likely to be amongst other people still awake and playing VF. A shower is available. I ask that it be used at what should be the quieter times of day - specifically 9am to around 1pm when people tend to be asleep and not needing to use the restroom.

Flying in to SoCal: Please schedule arrivals and departures from ONT airport (Ontario, California). I or someone else can pick you up from and return you to ONT. If you're an intercontinental traveler, I believe you must land in LAX. Please post or PM your itinerary to confirm your visit. It builds excitement and momentum - it's the stuff that gets more and more people to say "You know? I'm gonna buy my plane tickets and go to this thing!"

NEW![/size] Transportation between LAX and Plague's House: Public transportation makes life easy! After you land, go from LAX to Union Station via FlyAway Bus. Once there, use either the Metrolink Riverside Line to the Pedley Station (M-F only) or the San Bernardino Line to the Rancho Cucamonga Station (7 days a week). Make sure to click the schedules link to see which one works best for you. I or someone else will pick you up from there. After the event, I or someone else will return you to one of those train stations and you can make your way back to LAX.

Transportation during the event: If you wish to venture around SoCal, or just want the ability to go somewhere at will, I recommend renting a car from the airport. Public transportation is limited throughout most of SoCal, and the larger cities are quite spread out (the exact opposite of, say, NYC). Most fast food restaurants near the house require a walk of over 2 miles.

Driving directions from Las Vegas:

15 South, pass the 210, pass the 10, take the 60 East
    Exit Pedley
    Right turn on Pedley
    Left turn on Mission (first traffic light)
    Right turn on Agate (first right, no stop sign)
    Left turn on Wild Pony Drive (first left)

Driving directions from Los Angeles:

60 East, pass the 57 and 15 freeways
    Exit Pedley (3rd exit after you pass the 15)
    Right turn on Pedley

Driving directions from San Diego:

15 North, pass the 91, take the 60 East
    Exit Pedley
    Right turn on Pedley

Address numbers on house and mailbox post. Silver Honda Odyssey in driveway.

PM for phone numbers if you need them.

Will you hit traffic? Yah, it's Southern California - you bet there will be traffic. Don't let that sway you! This trip is worth every minute of it.

What we provide: 32" SDTV (480i), US PS3 with VF5, two Virtua High-Grade sticks, four 20" widescreen Dell Monitors with HDMI to DVI cables + audio, two 25" (or so) SDTVs, air conditioning, fridge full of soda, various chips, pretzels, and what-not, places to sit, room for five or six (maybe seven?) VF setups.

[color=red]What you all need to bring:[/size][/color] PS3s, your standard composite cables (the ones that came with your PS3), sticks, and VF5 discs. [color=red]Please make the effort to bring these things - your contribution will add [i]so much[/i] to this event. Besides the 32" SDTV, we have six ready-to-use displays (two SDTVs and four HDTV monitors). [i]We need your gaming set-ups.[/i][/size]

[b]What about food?[/b] Everyone usually chips in for food. Lots of fast food in the area. Good sit-down restaurants, too. Plus, there are pizza places that deliver.

[b]Who's gonna be there?[/b] Well, in the past we've had some of the best that Southern California, the West Coast, the East Coast, and the world has to offer - any one of them could make a return visit: [color=blue]akiralove, andy, Myke, Srider, Joey (GY_beta), mukatsuku_shun, YOSUKE, ice-9, bearcrusher, kurita, shin, Namflow, Rocket Pai, adamYUKI, kazu, Shag, Konjou_Akira, Denkai84, maddy, thebradSHow, s_aki, Ladon, DRE, Chanchai, HowBoutSum, GodEater, MADrox, Kaminari_Oyaji, stompoutloud, Jerky, SiYkO, Pushku, IronJUNKIE, Shang, Shou, Zero-chan, Fishie, growcian, afroconnexion, EL_Brisal73, L_A_Akira, Team Tokyo Mafia (PhoenixDth, Sean, GoatCheeseBlues), Ken__I, Exile, SillyWilly, KTallguy, Unsafe_Dan, CaliJared, Lion-2P, KoD, Renzokuken, Raoul, THE_WALL, snapz, sirphobos, Lawrence, Paolo, Tierzo, Riona, FatalRose, Matt_K, Type Tenchi, Banes, Mindscan, Whoa_its_Eric, Mike90210, vf5akira, Gribbly and Team Pandemic (Austin, Forrester, Jimmy), sgtsmurf, Joon, Weslyzm, 2012, firstpressing, Rikyu, Adam, Amir, Chris, Chris II, Adrian, Peter, Mike, Jacob, Collette[/size] and many more!

Sometimes 24 people (yes, 24, really) at once with five set ups running!

Maybe this time we'll get six setups going! Maybe even seven!

[b]What's gonna happen?[/b] Lots of VF5. Major good times.

[b]Remember this:[/b] [color=red]During a SoCal VF Event - Sleeping is not important. School is not important. Work is not important, either - that's what every other day of the year is for![/size]

Please post your intent to show up right here on this thread - it generates excitement and results in larger attendance. Here's a sample...

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0002.jpg[/img]
    The infamous stone room. Complete with 4 set-ups and lots of VFers - including Shang (blue shirt, seated).

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0003.jpg[/img]
    Shag's elbow, a back-view of KTallGuy, Denkai84 and Renzokuken

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0005.jpg[/img]
    The living room - complete with the 5th set-up, wireless access, laptops, DS's, sodas, black books, artwork, and bedding. Ladon and ice-9 are battling it out.

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0006.jpg[/img]
    Yosuke, Lion-2p (enjoying The World's Most Comfortable Couch), L_A_Akira (also enjoying The World's Most Comfortable Couch), ice-9, Ladon.

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0008.jpg[/img]
    Denkai84, Srider, Shag ("You're effening taking my picture again?!"), Chanchai

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0010.jpg[/img]
    KTallGuy and EL_Brisal73

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0011.jpg[/img]
    "Damn, this book fucking ROCKS!" Notice he is wearing Akira's VF5 bracelets.

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0012.jpg[/img]
    The mysterious and elusive PhoenixDth.

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0013.jpg[/img]
    SiLLyWiLLy and YOSUKE watch VF5 on a laptop while people play VF5 all over the house. This must've been a VF5 event, yes?

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0014.jpg[/img]
    They say "YES! This is definitely a VF5 event."

[img]http://www.agraphicadvantage.com/plague/vf/plagues_house/070329/IMG_0015.jpg[/img]
    Shag, GoatCheeseBlues, KTallGuy (obviously saying: "That NEVER works when I try it on him!"), and Raoul (obviously saying: "Yah, You know? I'm seeing that, too. Funny, though, he seems to be using it just fine").

[img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2886/vf5socalgroup1ik9.jpg[/img]
    You should be in this picture, too! Don't miss out!

[b]OMG! Evo World After-Party!![/b][/color][/color][/color]

2. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    You know I will be there. PS3 and 2xVSHG in hand.

3. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

nice man. I would go if I could ::p. I live on opposite side of though and am from georgia.

4. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

I'm in Thursday night - Sunday. I'll bring a PS3 and my HRAP3.

Sounds good..

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Plague, if I agree to be your pet dog does that mean I can live at your house for this entire week?

lol I will be there.

6. shoobert

shoobert Well-Known Member

i can take a ps3, US vf5 disc and 1 vshg

7. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Just an idea -- can someone ask Myke to make this "front page news"? Buy.com tourney is starting to look extremely outdated.

This event is definitely front-page worthy.

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    <s>I R 2 B making teh graphic! Patience /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif</s>

Edit: R 2 There B Graphic NOW! See? No fail. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

9. shoobert

shoobert Well-Known Member

this isnt a VF5 party, its a damn festival /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

TX Lion and I are interested in this. Plague check you Messg.

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Very nice! Haven't seen you gentlemen in way too long of a time. Glad you are interested. I've added you both to the list and I'll check my PMs.

12. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Woo for school! :mad:

13. DarkGift

DarkGift Well-Known Member

I'd LIKE to go... but the chances of that look slim:(

14. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    damn i wanna go...

15. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I was able to take the week off for this YEY!!!! See you guys there.

16. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I've decided to come to this instead of going to Evo. I want to progress my game in VF and I think this is a great opporturnity to do so. I'm looking a plan tickets now and should have all my information soon!!

17. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Yo, this is Unsafe_Dan. You can go to this Party AND EVOLUTION FINALS. It's very very very easy trust me. So why not plan for both?

18. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

perhaps with a few twist and turns i could probably make socal. I could delay might flight from evo and maybe.. I am new to vf so i want some competition as i was mainly tekken player

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    YES! Momentum builds. So glad to see new people to add to the list. Two months to go and it already looks fantastic.

20. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Unsafe_Dan, I would like to do both but I don't have enough vacation time to do both. After the VF party I'm flying to Philadelphia to visit some family!!