1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF4 at Plague's house, June 7th or 8th

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Plague, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    It's time to play! Catherine and I would be happy to host this Friday the 7th or Saturday the 8th. Please reply with your preference.

Start time for either day would be 7 pm.

Pizza and Dr. Pepper are in order, but feel free to bring your own beverages if DP doesn't suit your tastes.

Looking forward to seeing Andy, Brisal73, Chuck, Gribbly, Harlock, Mike92123, SoL_FizZ, Spotlite, vf4akira, and anyone else who'd like to join in.

We have one setup and two additional TV's. One TV can accept audio/video, the other requires an RF input. Please help by bringing at least two PS2s and four controllers.

Ready? GO!!

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Count me in. Both days are good for me...I need more practice. I think it would be fun to do some sort of small tournament..maybe a round robin?

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SoCal VF4 at Plague's house, Saturday, June 8th

OK, let's do this VF4 party thang this Saturday, June 8th.

Mike's idea of a small tournament sounds good to me. I've never organized one of any type so if someone could assist (make up charts - I don't even know if round robin requires that, etc.), that would be cool.

Please reply to this thread if you're planning to attend this get together. If someone sees that many other people are going to show up, the event becomes more attractive and makes the drive seem a little shorter /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

As far as equipment goes, please bring with you what you've brought in the past in the way of PS2s, controllers, and RF adapters so we can have enough set-ups running.

4. Harlock

Harlock Member

Re: SoCal VF4 at Plague's house, Saturday, June 8th

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Computer died on Saturday, and it has been 5 days since I could get back on =/

Saturday sounds great. Count me in.

I'll bring my Station and my connectors. Don't really have anything as far as a good controller.

5. Harlock

Harlock Member

The day after

Thanks go out to Talis and Cathrine for another good VF4 night. The round robin mini-tourny was an excellent idea, and I hope that we do this every time.

Talis - I'm still trying to work around the wall your Akira puts up. I did manage to figure out how to get out of your b,f+p+k (charge). Nice work figuring out my evade technique. I'll have to work on some change ups.

Mike - Thanks for teaching me some new Jacky change up and guessing games. The best had to be the b+p+k+g~df,df~throw.

Andy, Brian, Catherine, and David - Thanks for some excellent games. I have a lot of practice to put in before I'm half as decent as you, but I am working on it.

6. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Re: SoCal VF4 at Plague's house, Saturday, June 8th

Talis and Cathrine..
    Thanks for having us over again. Had a good time as usual. Hopefully we can get a San Diego gathering sometime in the future, right now we have no room!

Andy-You won the tournament..I hate Sarah, Aoi and Pai..haha jk. Good job working us all.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Excellent night

Very cool of everyone to make the trip. We were happy to host. The tournament was a great idea.

See you all again soon.