1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF4 locations anyone? Dyin here.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Kiuju, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    I'm tired of the waiting. Man I've looked at a trillion arcades and they have no test version no nothing! I heard SHGL had it for like 2 weeks and thats it. Does anybody know of any other SoCal places that might have the test version? Somebody had to man. I know theres socal players here. Help us out.

2. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    See. What we have here is a failure to communicate

Do I have to ask again?

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: See. What we have here...

is one extremely impatient kid. Did you seriously expect to be answered within the hour of posting your question? Sheesh!

This is not a 24hr help desk. Nobody on the forum is obligated to answer any posted question and (here's a clue) if you don't get any replies it's probably because nobody knows.

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re: See. What we have here is a failure to communicate

AFAIK, there are currently only 3 VF4 test machines in North America, and last I heard they were all recalled to Sega Enterprises. Even the machine that was put in the lounge at SOA has been removed.

Those were very early test versions, and you're not likely to see anything until the final is released; which I've heard may not happen until as late as november.

As those machines were actually location INCOME tests (which didn't generate much), not play tests; and since the (for the moment) true final version only released in Japan last week, and has not come anywhere else yet, don't hold your breath.

Just keep an eye here and when it comes out, you'll know.

Spotlite

p.s. where in SoCal do you live? I'm in LA myself.

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Quit trying to dash my dreams Spotlite. It is going to be at my arcade this weekend oh yes, it will be. Well it better be god damn it.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Well, I hope Jason, Akira, Don, jackybrothas, Jamie, Yamcha, John, Sam, Chan and I pumped in enough tokens at the SVGL VF4test machine to convince SoA that it's worthwhile bringing VF4 stateside =)

I'm working on a web page that will list VF4 locations in NA and Canada; will whip it out once we have our first sighting.

7. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

It didn't help that the first question appeared at 4:40am my time, the second at around 5:30am. VF may be more important than sleep, but...

=]

8. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12

Yes call me mr. impatient. Been waiting long enough. That really sucks. I'm tired of waiting its getting on my nerves seriously. I'm mad at myself since I boycotted myself going to SHGL not knowing they had a vf4 test ver. Damnit.

I'm just sick of reading about it and watching videos. I wanna play damnit. I don't get it singapore has it. UK has one. Korea has one. I just need to play man forget it. Keep me posted and i'll keep you guys posted if I see it here in SoCal.

Btw. I'm from Riverside 909

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Heheh well I'm sure Golfland will have it....how much it will be distributed in other locations remains to be seen....though it can't be as bad as VF3 was.

10. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely coming out; I just meant don't expect SOA to be in any kind of rush.

And from what I understand, the versions popping up in other places (UK, Korea etc) are also the early test versions, no Vanessa etc...

The only good news would seem to be that we won't have to wait too long before we can practice at home ;).

Spotlite

11. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Well...you all still have a reason to wait VF4 to come in the arcades. But what about me? Damnit! There isn´t any arcade in this stupid pathetic town!!!

12. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Move to a better town this is VF4 we're talking about.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Wha-? Singapore has one?? You sure?

14. Solstice0

Solstice0 Member

i think i was the only one pumping tokens into the SHGL machine hehe. as some of you know SHGL is a fighting game haven of sorts(well, at least for games like TTT&MvsC2) so i was kinda suprised no one else was even giving it a look much less actually playing it. i don't think SEGA made much $$$ on that machine at all which will most likely have a huge impact on were VF4 will be distributed. Gameworks and locals similar to that will almost be the exclusive place(s) to play VF4 and i know thats gonna suck for alot of peeps.(i live close to these kinds of places but hate paying the ridicuosly high prices)

I'am a lover not a fighter

15. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC

I also put my fair share of change into the SHGL machine before I went to Japan. Did you ever see me playing? I have a beard and tattoos.

When I was there, which was usually in several hour stretches, no one would EVER play with me, aside from short session with Alex Valle and some of his friends. Like you said, I think it's fairer to say that SHGL is a Capcom fighting game haven.

After witnessing the VF scene in Japan and VF Net, I still think the answer is simple: if you REALLY want to play VF seriously, your ony real choice is to move to Japan, where you can have good comp virtually all day at several different arcades, even in smaller towns/neighborhoods. If you're a Japanese VF fan, you're getting 2 to 3 times the experience of VF4 than in the west. And by that I don't mean practice, I mean the ammount of machines, Vf Net, the comp, books, magazines, videos, other players to talk to, tournaments, right down to cabinets with stools and ashtrays.

That's where the games are made, and they're in touch with the fans on a close level. Everywhere else, it's just Sega's (SOA, SOE etc) job to sell the fucking thing! Who cares if it's good, or you like it, or if your hand has turned into a cramped claw from a shitty button layout?

In Japan, they fuck something like that up, they're gonna have to hear about it in 5 different magazines, and from thousands of fans. You think there's someone at SOA that gives a FUCK that we're bummed that we don't have cool little cards to stick into the machines? That costs money, for Christ's sake!

Sorry... this rant is in response to no one in particular. But taking my access card out of my wallet and looking at it makes me sad... what I wouldn't give for a pack of malboro menthol lights, hyaku en, and the chance to eat a P+K,P,K, PPf+K from a cheesy Jacky right about now...

Spotlite

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

2-3 times only???

17. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC

heh... exactly

18. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

so that means we're absolutely not gonna have the card/internet bla bla vf4 machines??? hmmmmmm hehe i guess i'll just write a letter to SOA or hope someone does. (and hopefully SOA will read it). if not well i tried. hehe i really do wish i can get recognition for all the vf4 challenges i win/lose.

19. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: See. What we have here is a failure to communi

someone mentioned that shgl won't be getting vf4, because the test did so poorly. this was not first hand info, more like third hand. still, you might want to ask shgl about this..

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yeh.

"Don't bother with duct tape when a firm grip works just as well." - Richard Gere