1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF5 in 2007 and beyond

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Plague, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Re: SoCal VF5 in 2011 - be my neighbor

Yeah I've talked to Gerald about this so many times. It would be totally awesome if most of us lived in the same or neighboring city. Oh how wonderful VF life would be.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

You can likely finance that house for $1200 - $1300 a month. Find a job. Get a car. You're set. Drawbacks: It gets windy here. The tap water is OK for everything but drinking. 1/2 acre is awesome AND it takes some work to maintain. Of course, if you want, just hire a gardening service.

3. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Ha what? That's how much my rent is a month in my 2 bedroom.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC

Get some mates that want a change of scenery and move there. Cheaper for everyone.

5. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

I be your neighbor! haha if I can get that money somehow!

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SoCal VF5 in 2011 - be my neighbor

There is some serious work being done to the house. Probably getting upgraded by the bank. It was in good shape to begin with. Get it before it's gone.

Seriously, if you can qualify and afford it. This deal is good.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SoCal VF5 in 2011 - let's play

Hey there!

Kobi (aka Waverusher Kobi, Dustin) is in town for the week from Calgary. Let's honor his visit with some offline VF at my house on Saturday, July 9th (this Saturday)

8538 Wild Pony Drive
    Riverside, CA 92509

2:00 pm 'till whenever you like (well - I'll probably call it quits on Sunday morning if the sun is coming up).

Bring a set-up if you've got one.

8. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Re: SoCal VF5 in 2011 - let's play

Ok count me in, Talis

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Nice nice. See you tomorrow, man. Last I heard, GoatCheeseBlues she be there as well.

Mad skills in the house for sure.

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

I also sent about 15 texts at once. So who knows who else will show.

11. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

VF in the house.

12. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12

Fuck i'll see if I can play hookie today Plague. I haven't played in you a minute slide.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

VF IS in the house. GoatCheeseBlues confirmed. Hookey is the word of the day.

14. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

ggs guys.

Talis and Catherine, thanks for having me over.

Dustin, Brian, and Matt, it was great to finally meet you guys and play some VF.

Yo Talis, I forgot to say that you improved a lot in your VF. I remember you asking me to point out any bad habits you may have had in your game, but you didn't. You played solid like the whole 8 hours, and stayed true to your VF style.

Dustin/Kobi, your VF game was developing fast man, there's a hump I saw you trying to get over though and that's the confidence in your own choices in game. Just read it, feel it, and go for it. You have to commit to choices, but also use some conservative identifiers to figure out where you should go, don't hesitate often, because hesitation is also a choice just as much as attacking and evading.

Matt/PhantomFHarlock, your Lau and those bounce combos man. I was lovin/hatin that shit lol.

Brian/GoatCheeseBlues, yo man it was great to finally play against you, you were one of the players I would hear so much about. Yo you are a cooool dude. Man if I was living in Cali when VF5 was really going strong, you, Dan, and myself probably could've attempted to take Sarah even further.

Talis PLEASE let's do it like this again. And that pizza was mad good.

Thanks guys for putting up with my wild Jacky, and putting him to the test.

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SoCal VF5 in 2011 - let's play

Jason, yesterday was awesome. I appreciate you making the trip out here. Nice write up, too. Glad I managed to stay off the autopilot and just play.

I appreciate all of you coming over. VF. Such a great game.

16. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12

ah fuck. Man I knew it. There will always be a next time I guess.

17. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree

Wish I was there to get some matches with you guys. My car was in the shop (still is), so couldn't make it. Next time let me know, plus Glendora mountain is always a fun bonus.

18. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12

They still make runs up there?

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

If I want to drive there, well, I can just get up in the morning and go. It's peaceful at 9 am on a Saturday. Haven't been in a month or three.

20. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi

Riding with Plague over a year ago through Glendora was an awesome experience. They way he ripped through those turns was something. I can't wait to head up there again. The views from up there were stunning.

Thanks for the advice, Jason. I learned a lot of things this trip. I can't wait to apply what I'm learning to matches with you guys in the future.