1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some Arcade Stick Questions

Discussion in 'Console' started by Raioumaru, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Raioumaru

Raioumaru New Member

Hey again,
    A while back i bought an SC2 Hori. I have a couple questions. Im pretty new to using sticks, as ive been a pad player for a long time and i am attempting to adjust. I find it very hard to input correct diagonals. Sometimes when i move the joystick into the down position it registers as a diagonal. Forward and Backwards directions are easy but im having trouble adjusting. Is it the specific stick? Do i just need to be patient and adjust? Will practice merit easier directional movement? Is this normal or do i have a disfunctional stick. :p

Thanks so much

2. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

Alot of American players in particular have problems when it comes to adjusting to a square gated stick. Practice normally resolves this kind of issue, but others have issues with square gated sticks in general. If practice doesn't resolve your stick issue, try getting a SVC stick (Octagonal gate) or an American stick (some players I know prefer American sticks anyhow, alot of them are perfectly round). I'd say practice hard with it first and see if you can adjust.

3. Raioumaru

Raioumaru New Member

Cool that sounds good...

Also about the square gated part....When i move the joystick around it doesnt feel square, i can move it in almost a perfect circle. I know that hori uses square gates so are it just the directional buttons thare are affected by this, or is it the entire feel?