1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some DC Combo Movies...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Oct 11, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Thanks to "Spod me pls" for the site he posted, got me started on a hobby again...

Anyways, here's some DC combo movies I found on a Japanese site:

http://www.interq.or.jp/silver/choakira/comb/mov.html

Here's the original site:
    http://www.interq.or.jp/silver/choakira/

Gosh... Don't know why I didn't do this for VF (browsing Jap sites for movies) as I did this for DDR about half a year ago and ended up with almost 200 or so movies. Anyways, the search will probably continue/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

On a side note: I'm shocked that a Japanese site actually has a midi of a tune by Francisco Terrega (innovator and as far as I know, true father of the classical guitar, 1800s)... very cool imo... not that I expect many people here to know who he was...

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey Chanchai,Spod me pls

Nice going I really enjoyed the movies you guys posted links too yesterday and I hope you decide to continue with it as it's certainly appreciated :) .Chanchai I don't recall you ever mentioning that you can read Japanese (or do you just spend a lot of time clicking all the links hehe.Oh yeah are you sure that those combo's are for DC Chanchai they look a bit like the arcade to me,although I haven't played the original arcade version as much as I'd like too :( .

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey Doomboy,

First they are indeed DC as far as I can tell. But I'm dead sure of it, especially with the training mode.

Second, I can read Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, and *blush* Romaji tee hee), but that doesn't mean I can understand it... I'm one of those that when I'm either bored, desperate, or just self-driven to get some resources, I'll do it (only under one of those three conditions) so as was the case with gathering DDR clips, been doing the same with VF3 (with indirect encouragement from spod me pls). Luck's kind of hard but I've found TONS OF VF reports as well as move lists, descriptions of play styles, combo lists, uramawari, and waza? Also some more describtive comparisons beetween tb and ob (ver. d was it?). However, it's all in Japanese of course/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

Update to Doomboy: Definitely DC version. Look at the Pai stage combos. Shadow is a breakup mess. And as I pretty much thought it was, it's Japanese VF3tb DC.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 10/11/00 06:19 AM.</FONT></P>

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Wow It was DC after all,hmm the background music sounds like the MP3s I have, but through my DC setup the music sounds less treble but still not enough bass (it's weird).
    Great combo's on that site though I love that Lau combo against Taka u/f p,d/uf k,D+k,k,D+k,k+g

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 10/11/00 08:39 AM.</FONT></P>

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Chanchai, mad luv! Great find! The crowd wants more! :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Well - on most of them, the time is set to INFINITE. Rich, can you do this on your machine?

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

nope. the 30 second time limit is one of the few things you can't change on any and all of the arcade VF's.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

hey can anyone be kind enought to describe the
    combos for poor people that dont have a pc.?

thanks

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

9. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

They are primarily Taka only, Aoi only combos. Most of them are derivatives of the VF3tb Mook combos but they are quite original and fun to watch.

AKIRA
    1. Against Taka (upslope: BG, SJK, Low-P, DbPm
    2. Against Taka: SE, SDE, Low-K, SJK, Bodycheck
    3. Against light Dural: Takeoff Kick, Landing Kick, DLC
    4. Against Aoi (Wall): BG, SJK, deep-BC (wall), TT-sweep
    *This last one against Aoi is from Gamest.*

JEFF
    1. SE, Shot Knee (b+k), Baseball Pitch (bff+P+K) [gamest]
    2. Against Taka: SE, ff+K, b+K, low-P, Swing Hammers (b,df+PP)
    3. Against Taka: SE, quick dash, P+EP+E, P(G), b,df+PP

KAGE
    1. f+P+G, df+K+E, Low-P, b+K+G, ub+K+G (against Taka)
    2. f+P+G, df+K, low-P, ff+K+G (against Taka)
    3. TFT, dash, d+K+G, d+P+E, E, DP (against Aoi)
    4. TFT (wall), DP, TT-PKG, b+K+G, df+K+G
    5. f+P+G, df+P+K, d+K+G, Running Slide (against light Dural)
    6. uf+K+G, low-P, df+K+G (against crouching Aoi)

LAU
    1. Against Taka from behind: uf+P, hopping sweep, 4 sweeps
    2. Against Aoi from behind: bb+P,d+P x 2 (wall), bb+P, d+K

LION
    1. df+P+G, u+P+K, E, d+K, f+P, u+K, elbow, d+KK (Taka)
    2. df+P+G, Knee, low+K, low-P, f+P+K (Taka)
    3. Knee, ff+K x 3, d+KK (against crouching Aoi)

JACKY
    1. Against Taka from behind: P+K,P, PKG, db+PK
    2. Against Aoi: b+K+G, Knee, Kickflip
    3. Against Aoi: Knee, PPK (wall), Kickflip
    4. While facing away from Aoi: Landing Kick (reverse collision), d+P+E x 2, Kickflip

This is not all of them - there were some Pai, Shun, Wolf and some one Sarah combo that I have not described...but you get the idea.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

10. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Luck's kind of hard but I've found TONS OF VF reports as well as move lists, descriptions of play styles, combo lists, uramawari, and waza?

thanks for all the links as of late, chanchai. By the bye,
    waza means skill. Shota can always rock my noggin
    if I'm wrong.

GE