1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some Eileen Questions

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Genzen, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It's not just online imo, it can be a difficult matchup for the reasons you just mentioned. They are present in all her matchups, but I find it even more pronounced in this one. The biggest most overarching advice I could give is to learn how to out space wolf by staying just outside the range of wolf's fast pokes. By just out of range I mean, your 6P should be able to hit them if they whiff a move (it moves you forward a little bit).

Other than space control, I'd say (people may disagree with me on this) to learn to accept you have no HP in wolf matches and to play with the mentality that you've already lost the HP the whole time. That way you're not surprised when the combo damage against you stacks up, it's expected and already a part of your calculations from the start of the round. But don't let that stop you from making hard reads or choices. Play decisively safe while not limiting your movelist and flexibility, easier said than done, and only real way to get better at that is to get used to playing the matchup with people.

GrizzlyTrollton likes this.