Some free Japanese to English web translations

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Perhaps only for a limited time, but here's one I found (actually, it was mentioned in a message thread on SRK-- Shoryuken.com).

Here's some of what I got translated from the site I usually check (this is actually pretty funny translation work, but with the abuse of Kanji, what do you expect?):

sam_dgo.mpg
    "Prince poison gas (AK) VS (*sam*) (JA)" fighting beat of the second times live cup final tournament one battle gameÂÂi25MBÂÂj
    General (*sam*) of Inba blows down Seagal and the mask, and general war against the received gas. (one game complete collection)

yami_tibita.mpg
    Beat of the second times live cup finals "Dark slaver (KA) VS runt Futoshi (LI)" fighting gameÂÂi13MBÂÂj

And here's the translated menu at the bottom:

Okayama expedition diary 3/18 ÂÂb Cut the name to a new history. - rally information - 2/27

Introduction of - companion of strong men of â€â€ÃƒÂ°Ã‚Âí- 4/12 | Cut the name to the history of yourself. - past rally result - 10/23

Middlemost warehouse 8/15 | Diary of (*cageo*) 8/3 | Namoo JAPAN-link- 3/10

hmmm... cut the name to a new history... /images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyways, thought that might be of interest to some.

Note: It shouldn't be a surprise, but this is a sort of demo and well, there is a certain number of characters it will translate... or paragraphs or something... but it is pretty generous.

-Chanchai

P.S. be wary of the Katakana (one of the writing systems in Japan, used for "foreign" words) translations. Beat Tribe = Beat Live, though I can definitely see where they get this: Bee*tto-ra-i-bu. speaking of which, do you like (*barchafaiter*)? For those who didn't figure it out, that is Virtua Fighter.

2. Chanchai

BTW, since it also translates French, I'm also running it over Mad Akira's page. Now I can finally read your page, man/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

P.S. Does French use a single word to describe "his/her/it?"

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    umm

BTW, since it also translates French...

That's great and all, but how about sharing what it actually is? Is it a client for download, a web service, tarot cards, what?

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

4. Chanchai