1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some free Japanese to English web translations

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Perhaps only for a limited time, but here's one I found (actually, it was mentioned in a message thread on SRK-- Shoryuken.com).

Here's some of what I got translated from the site I usually check (this is actually pretty funny translation work, but with the abuse of Kanji, what do you expect?):

sam_dgo.mpg
    "Prince poison gas (AK) VS (*sam*) (JA)" fighting beat of the second times live cup final tournament one battle gameÂÂi25MBÂÂj
    General (*sam*) of Inba blows down Seagal and the mask, and general war against the received gas. (one game complete collection)

yami_tibita.mpg
    Beat of the second times live cup finals "Dark slaver (KA) VS runt Futoshi (LI)" fighting gameÂÂi13MBÂÂj

And here's the translated menu at the bottom:

Okayama expedition diary 3/18 ÂÂb Cut the name to a new history. - rally information - 2/27

Introduction of - companion of strong men of â€â€ÃƒÂ°Ã‚Âí- 4/12 | Cut the name to the history of yourself. - past rally result - 10/23

Middlemost warehouse 8/15 | Diary of (*cageo*) 8/3 | Namoo JAPAN-link- 3/10

hmmm... cut the name to a new history... /images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyways, thought that might be of interest to some.

Note: It shouldn't be a surprise, but this is a sort of demo and well, there is a certain number of characters it will translate... or paragraphs or something... but it is pretty generous.

-Chanchai

P.S. be wary of the Katakana (one of the writing systems in Japan, used for "foreign" words) translations. Beat Tribe = Beat Live, though I can definitely see where they get this: Bee*tto-ra-i-bu. speaking of which, do you like (*barchafaiter*)? For those who didn't figure it out, that is Virtua Fighter.

2. Chanchai

BTW, since it also translates French, I'm also running it over Mad Akira's page. Now I can finally read your page, man/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

P.S. Does French use a single word to describe "his/her/it?"

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    umm

BTW, since it also translates French...

That's great and all, but how about sharing what it actually is? Is it a client for download, a web service, tarot cards, what?

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

4. Chanchai