1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some new shots

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Jun 12, 2001.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let ya'll know there are a few new shots at www.coremagazine.com.

Whoever designed that Lion costume should be shot.

Check out the bear!

Spotlite

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the post, but what's so bad about the Lion outfit? I think it looks pretty good.

Core magazine's blurb states that this latest batch of pics features, among other things, the new aquarium stage but it's not there. The pricks.

Kinda rates up there with The Magic Box consistently misspelling NAOMI as NAMOI! Argh!

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I like the new temple stage with the leaves everywhere. Just imagine it on the screen with leaves blowing everywhere and flying aside as you fall to the ground. Kinda like VF2 Lau or VF3 Kage but obviously way more advanced.

4. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Remarks and Impressions...

The aquarium stage isn't very new, is it?
    Lion... the costume looks cool but more close ups are needed.
    Jacky and Lion seem to dress the same, but Lion's colour coordination is akin to VF2's (red and blue).
    Jacky seems really fat.
    His shoes have changed from white to red.
    Aoi looks SO COOL doing her (I think it's d/f+P+G, or maybe P+G new animation) throw, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm secretly hoping it's a new throw. Then again, it could be the Shenmue technology-inspired views for throws that have been publicised earlier on.
    SHot 5 of Jeff vs Wolf... new move? Jeff seems all Jeet-Kune-Doish with his stance. It seems like the stunner punch in the VF3tb Histroy movie, VF2 section where this guy is punched and crumples slowly to the floor, whereas the puncher assumes the position Jeff is having now.
    The Gothic / Greek colosseum stage is too dark. Where are the amazing effects of lightning striking nearby pillars that have been acclaimed about?
    Hooray! Kage's traditional blue costume is back! And handguards are back in fashion for Kage! His hands seemed really weird in VF3 without those black slip-ons.
    The leaves are fantastic. Looks even better than Ryu Hayabusa's cinema for DOA3.
    Lei-Fei still fails to impress me.
    Akira still looks fat.
    I'm still deluding myself that Taka will reappear.
    And it's time to change the character's bios! Like, kung-fu is not a hobby, but Practising kung-fu is. And wushu is a better term really, though it seems more Lei-Feish. Those students in the game (Lion, Sarah and Aoi)... grow up! Esp. Sarah... the manga said that she was a model... that seems more likely than being a college student at age 27!!

P/S: Reggae dancing for Aoi? That is SUCH a no-no.

End of speech.

<font color=orange>Imagine losing to this bozo...</font color=orange>

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Thanx for the post, Spotlite.

Pic 1: Nice outfit for Jacky, but I miss his jacket.
    Pic 2: Not much too say here. This stage kinda reminds me of Sarah's VF2 stage (it's probably been mentioned before). Not that impressed.
    Pic 3: Awesome light sourcing. I would love to see this stage in an mpeg clip.
    Pic 4: Lion's new outfit looked much better in that first VF4 clip. But it's still a little weird.
    Pic 5: That looks like a new throw from Aoi. I may be mistaken. Akira doesn't look fat, it's just a loose outfit. The attention to detail in his outfit is scary.
    Pic 6: Jeffrey is HUGE!
    Pic 7: Not much to say abt this one, but I don't think Lei-Fei is as scrubby as some people think. It looks like he's getting into a stance.

This may be a duh! statement, but the detail in the outfits (most notably Akira's and Jeffrey's) and the stages (the beach and the leaf stage) is really impressive.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>