1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some stuff about VF.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Perfect, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Perfect

Perfect New Member

First of all i'll like to say hey because right now i am new. Now here are some questions i have.
    Numero 1
    As you know in all fighting games there is a "hero" (main character) and all "heroes" have rivals, so just wondering who is Akira's rival?
    Numero 2
    I want to know more about VF by knowing its storyline so can someone give me a site i can go to to read or get informed of the story?

Alright that's it and Thank You so very much...l

PAL!!

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

OK VF story is crap no one cares.

Akira's rival is Ryu from Street Fighter.

3. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Kinda what Dandy said...after you've read the VF story for about 15 minutes, you'll be finished with it. There really isn't one.

I'd have to guess the big rivalry for VF4:Evo is Akira and Goh.

4. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Akira's so sick, he has no rivals, well he has a liittle friendly rivalry with Wolf. At the end of Goh's intro it looks like he's going to face off with him, probably the start of something.

VF1 and 2 storyline
    VF3 and 4 storyline can be found on the home page.

5. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

I thought Akira had a grudge against Kage after losing to him in the first tournament.

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Akira has a grudge on Snoop Dog for being a manwhore and Dural has a Grudge on Arnold for fucking up the t1000 licence (no I can't make sense out of it either). Wolf hates the rest of the YMCA gang now and Shun is pepsisponsered (so obviously doesn't like coke on the record). Everybody hates Lion.

/KiwE (Jeff has a grudge on a Shark, I'll tell you that).

7. Nybec

Nybec Well-Known Member

Actually Aoi and Akira is childhood friends and there is some rivalty there too.

That's enough enlightenment for today /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

Hrm. Let's see...

The evil corporation J4 sponsors the tournaments.

Wolf fights to prevent the Apocalypse from occuring that he saw in a vision one night (after he got kicked in the head really hard, I presume).

Kage's mother is Dural, and he's trying to change her back, but keeps screwing it up. "Omae! Too much herbal tea in that Dural cure...I'll try extra wasabi next time."

Jacky is, uh, fighting for money? At one point he was fighting for his sister, Sarah, but she's no longer under the evil clutches of J4. Another time he was fighting because J4 threatened to blow up his dragster or something.

Sarah had amnesia at one point, and now she just wants to kick her brother's ass for saving her. Yes, wonderful logic.

Aoi just wanted to kick some ass, got hers kicked, and came back in VF4 to prove 'they got lucky last time!'

Shun is looking for his missing kidnapped pupil. It's been four tournaments, but he's still looking.

Lau is looking for someone to teach his MA style to, and he's dying now.

His daughter Pai is tired of working in Lau's restaurant and wants him to teach her, but he's not listening.

Jeffry is doing a Captain Ahab imitation trying to catch an evil fish named Devil Shark who has wrecked his boat at least once, maybe twice.

Lei Fei wants to learn Lau's MA, too, despite the fact that he was sent to kill Lau.

Goh is an assassin (for J4?) who is just killing time.

Brad is trying to get in the spotlight by winning so he can ho it up some more.

Akira is doing his Ryu imitation. In between tournaments he goes up to the mountains to 'train' - but we all know he's really trying to learn how to throw a fireball.

Lion is, uh... looking for a new boyfriend?

Vanessa is here to protect someone in the tournament from being assassinated.

And that's pretty much the wonderful VF4 storyline, which supercedes both Tekken's and Street Fighter's lack of depth and utterly stupid motivations. I think they make up the storyline five minutes before printing the manuals with a dartboard and a liter container of KiRin as writing aids.

9. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shaolin_Hopper said:
    Sarah had amnesia at one point, and now she just wants to kick her brother's ass for saving her. Yes, wonderful logic.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sarah needs a spank /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gorbag

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    Shaolin_Hopper said:

Hrm. Let's see...

The evil corporation J4 sponsors the tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe its J6

11. DragonCop

DragonCop Well-Known Member

Akira's rival is obviously Goh since him and Akira have this face-off cinematic scene in the beginning of Evolution.

12. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Attn: Dragoncop
    Re: Spamming, Bujmping Old Posts

Knock it off dumbass