1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some wierd item questions.

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by pearl, Mar 29, 2002.

1. pearl

pearl Member

I have two questions this time.

1. What is the fastest way to get all of Akira's items?

2. What are these spheres you can collect? and how do I get them? I heard you can get something if you break all the walls on Lei's stage, is that true?

3. I was playing my friend in two player and all the sudden I had it, then the match ended and it was gone and I can't get it back now. WTF? So, how do I get to play with the old school VF1 Akira model all the time.

I would be eternally grateful for any help.

2. pearl

pearl Member

Oh crap sorry I posted in here, I just realised about the new forums, but should I have posted this in the console or kumite forum is another question.

3. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

This is an item-related question, so it belongs in Kumite. So if there's anything you want to ask about ranks, items, your character, etc. then it goes in Kumite. Anything else about the PS2 VF4 game goes in Console. You'll get used to it eventually. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[*Edit: Thread moved to KUMITE]

4. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Anyways, to answer your questions: /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

1) The fastest way without cheating is to get the list of items & conditions you need to accomplish from a Japanese website or perhaps the White Book from Amazon.JP. That way, you'll know exactly what you need to do to get all of them (such as 3 RO's or 3 Excellents in a row, 100-streak, etc.). Otherwise, you'll just have to keep winning and hope you satisfied the right condition to get an item.

2) You get a colored sphere from an opponent if you don't already have that same color. Once you get 7, you've got a set that allows you to "redeem" it for a special item. There are apparently four sets of 7 spheres that you can get. Dural has all 7.

3) If you lose a match to somebody who doesn't have your color sphere, you will lose it to him. To use VF1 character models, press P+K to select your character (you may need to hold it down).

Browse through the threads in the Kumite & Console forums, you'll find answers to all your questions. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. pearl

pearl Member

I tried the p+k pick thing and it didn't work.

6. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

"I tried the p+k pick thing and it didn't work"

That is the correct way of doing it. What I usually do is hold down on P+K after I choose my Kumite character until the loading sign pops up.

7. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

i just have one question about the "white book" you mentioned. is that the vf4 guide or something and does that state everything you need to do to get special items for each character? like vanessas lei fei wall break trick i keep hearing about.