1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some words on VF4... Stripped from PS2 IGN

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Well even if you dont see the whole ten-hitter connect most of the gameplay consists of button tap combo weather they be King's or Nina massive chain throws Hworang's or Baek's insane kick combo's. The game is nothing but an endless amount of pokes into canned combo's. Also the reversal are much to easy

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am going to have to step in here and say that is a very uneducated look at Tekken. At first, that is what tekken gameplay consists of, but at high level of play, it's taking bits and pieces of canned combos and mixing them around...sorta like making a fruit salad. I might start with one of Hwrangs 6 hit strings, cancel it at the 4th hit, roll it into another string...it's a differen't way of playing, but NOT nessisairly a bad one...it can be very challenging.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

{DANGER} thoughts on Tekken

I absolutely agree that 10 hits are almost completely useless against any half decent opponent and the same goes for 90percent of the unblockables too.

I gotta say pokes are interesting in Tekken as unless the other player has a AR it's pretty freakin hard to punish people as a lot of Tekken pokes leave you at a very safe distance if the move is blocked,strangely enough though I kinda like this as it gives you plenty of time to think and you don't generally feel as pressured after you get hit by a low punch for example.

Strange in T3 and TTT how you can break out of most stuns by pressing f,It really weakened some of Jin and Kazuya's once super satisfying over 50% juggles in fact Kazuya's gut punch MC is practically useless now,at least Jin's laser cannon can still be used in a float.

I kinda like the way the evade in Tekken isn't too powerfull though,you actually need a really good idea of what move your opponent will use to succesfully dodge it.

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Re: {DANGER} thoughts on Tekken

Here is a question. Anybody ever be playing tekken on an arcade stick and start to left kick to block that happens to me all the time?

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Re: {DANGER} thoughts on Tekken

Haha.. yeah many times,in fact the other day I found myself trying to kstep and cd in SF3! now that's the work of a truly deranged mind.:)

Oh and I CD in DOA2 like the d/f,d,d/f VF way which shouldn't really work (should be d/f,d/f)but It does so I still do it to this day.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 2/8/01 10:06 AM.</FONT></P>