1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Someone Tell Sega before it's too late.

Discussion in 'General' started by powerincarnate, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Supid

Supid Well-Known Member

While the "packaging" has lotsa room for improvement, most hardcore VFers are much more interested into getting VF5 on their doorsteps so they can beat the *censored* outta each other ...

Or, in the case of newbies like myself, let the hardcore VFers beat the *censored* out of me /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

shoryuken.com is clearly an unbiased and intelligent gathering of individuals who are completely representative of the gaming public at large rite

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

They ARE representative of the fighting game competitive community, which is what we're talking about.

4. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

The poll is fucked up. These should be the options:

1. I play VF, and I like the voices
    2. I play VF, but I don't like the voices
    3. I play VF, and I don't care either way
    4. I don't play VF, but I like the voices
    5. I don't play VF, but I don't like the voices; if they were better I would play
    6. I don't play VF, but I don't like the voices; however it wouldn't make me play if they were awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh...I just made the poll to shut Srider up.

But I agree with your point. Although, I probably wouldn't have put the "I don't care" parts in simply because I don't really like those gray areas.

I.e. Either "yes" or "no", no "maybes".

5. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Poppa said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

The poll is fucked up. These should be the options:

1. I play VF, and I like the voices
    2. I play VF, but I don't like the voices
    3. I play VF, and I don't care either way
    4. I don't play VF, but I like the voices
    5. I don't play VF, but I don't like the voices; if they were better I would play
    6. I don't play VF, but I don't like the voices; however it wouldn't make me play if they were awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh...I just made the poll to shut Srider up.

But I agree with your point. Although, I probably wouldn't have put the "I don't care" parts in simply because I don't really like those gray areas.

I.e. Either "yes" or "no", no "maybes".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we all know that the best way to create a poll with accuracy is to do away with the responses you don't care for but are legitimate anyway.

GE

6. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Shoryuken.com is hardly the place for a VF poll. Hello, they play Streetfighter... not VF. (of course that's not an absolute statement)

I mean what the fuck do they care? Most are probably going:

"Um, ok." *clicks "don't like voices" only to wonder what was the point of such a useless poll.

7. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Man I mute the TV and have music on 90% of the time.

I need some real fighting music, like Tegan and Sarah.

8. tex

tex Well-Known Member

Sega is dead.

9. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

You mean like this thread? Yeah, for around five years in fact.

10. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Thanks to you...

Just stop already... The dead horse is unrecognizable...

11. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    I just want to say I pretty much love everyones voice in this game...
    The only one that annoys me is Eileens, but any teen-girl voice would annoy me and it sounds like how she should sound like so it should stay.

12. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Dude you're okay with LION?!?!?!

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Was about to ask the same thing. I think Lion has one of the most annoying voices in any game.

14. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi

VF just won't be the same without Lion's voice. I'd actually miss it if it were changed.

15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Jacky is the only annoying voice I'm attached to. Every else's I can do without.

16. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Might be too late.

17. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

I don't know... Seeing as SNK is waiting for SSF4AE to drop on consoles before unveiling its console port of XIII, it could be smart (debatable) to wait til all the 3d fighters to be released before building hype for its own game... I think it did that with VF4Evo-- waited til Tekken 4 dropped and BAM, people flew to VF, primarily because T4 just sucked, and TTT was dying out because of the anticipation for T4...

If this is the case, they better have a ton of stuff packed in that dual layered disc... And the hype better be bigger than anything imagined... I mean there's people from other fighting scenes that are waiting for VF5FS to drop already!!!

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

VF4 came out the same day as Tekken 4 as far as I remember, a good while before Evo.

19. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

Um... what? I don't recall anything like this happening...

People who liked Tekken generally stuck with Tekken throughout T4, sort of living in denial of how bad that game was, but still playing. The reviews weren't stellar, but quite high from what I can remember "because it was Tekken". VF stayed ignored and largely obscure, with its reputation of being "slow" and "hard to learn".

Here's IGN review for you:

http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/372/372008p1.html

9.0, "amazing". Most of the reviews were similar at the time, people are only complaining about it now, in hindsight. When it was fresh it was ALL the rage.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I remember here in the UK VF4 outsold Tekken 4, doubt it was the same situation elsewhere.