1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Someone Tell Sega before it's too late.

Discussion in 'General' started by powerincarnate, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Can't say I disagree with you GohReiMi but it's all been said here before [​IMG]

"When i'm taking a poop, I can play Tekken on my PSP"

You just made me wish I could practice buffered double palm whilst i'm on the toilet.

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

How's the humble approach working out for you when it comes to Sega shafting your ass? Think it's going well? Want to write another petition? Maybe next year right?

1) Hating Sega is NOT the same as hating VF. Some people get defensive cause they think hating Sega is an attack on virtua fighter or its community - it's not. In turn they get defensive cause they are in reality defending their own decisions of playing the game etc feeling it's an attack upon their person. This mentality leads nowhere and most people aren't probably even aware of why they display the emotions they do. It's just a fucking game man.

To be honest I think you're most probably an idiot if you aren't displeased with what Sega is doing for you as a paying costumer and loyal fan of this series. Why shouldn't you voice it? Why do you have to not "only complain"?

2) I disliked your examples and the way you brought forward your arguments greatly. You seem to say that Tex for instance should try to start up a local community in order to please Sega and encourage the VF series. Newsflash; they don't give a shit. Even if there tomorrow was 3 (good luck) new strongholds with good, strong, players in the US it would be a piss in the sea compared to arcade revenue. It wouldn't give them any income either. They really don't give a shit about what Tex is doing for his local community in the US or if he's playing on XBL. Are you holding your breath for another DLC on disc pack or something? The reason VF6 will come, if it comes, is due to VF doing well in the arcades. You simply do not matter.

3) What the hell has Sega done for you lately? What would it take for you to be negative towards the company as a western gamer? Would you ever be able to?

3. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

You must really got it out for me, eh??? I'm on auto-target or something...

Nah real talk, I really don't care what Sega does or does not anymore... I've got SNK to look forward to and their fighters... KOF is a 2D version of VF imo (its just as deep and underrated)... But I still play VF though just as equally, so don't trip...

When I wrote my earlier posts I had the example of voting in mind... If you don't vote for a president, and the one you hate gets voted, you don't really have a right to complain about him/her being elected... Same with VF/Sega/whateverthehell... And ok, maybe buying the game is just enough for one to go Nas on Sega and call them "dead", so I won't knock one for feeling that way... BUT--

It's one thing for someone to complain, hell, everyone does it now and then... It's another thing to get on sites like this and straight up go Eeyore or Grumpy in almost every post... It's not expediting any release from Sega... It's obvious they don't "care" about anyone outside of Japan, otherwise a PR would be on threads like these dropping some info or hinting at something, or doing an interview perhaps-- iunno... I'm not defending Sega, 'cause yeah they're garbage right now, and its taking then 'X amount' of years and so many craptastic products for them to "maybe" get the picture, but that's another discussion altogether-- but just randomly bumping a old thread just to say something that almost everyone already knows/thinks/believes??? I mean was he shooting to have his post in the "Your Say" box??? And hating on other games isn't gonna make Sega say "Oh great, we've got "Itagaki's", let's show them our appreciation and push harder to get a new VF released outside Japan"??? Nah homeboy... But we know this already right??? Right??? It's not even about pleasing Sega, that other stuff I was saying about a local community etc. was simply going back to the fact that if you aren't even active in VF in any sort of fashion, there's really no need to complain because simply buying the game doesn't technically mean you support it... Some people buy it on accident, others buy it for other reasons not involving "supporting Sega"...

And hate on my previous examples, I care not... And "idiot"??? Really man??? Last I checked, I signed the petition... Last I checked, I did voice a complaint on a few occasions in the past... Last I checked, I did everything you probably did with regards to "reaching out" to Sega, except make a VF instrumental... Of course I'm displeased, man, why the hell wouldn't I be??? But, I'm not sounding like 'The View' bitching 24/7 when there's other things I could be doing... Sure, I don't waste my time on 5FS vids anymore... I don't theory fight on forums... I don't do any of that... I voice my opinion and that's that, but I'm not repeating it over and over like ESPN SportCenter...

4. Relugus

Relugus Member

"My body is an unstoppable..." (Thrusts hips)...WEAPON!"

Always gets LOLs from me.

I like the fact that El Blaze is small, it makes him distinctive from the big "tanks" like Taka, Wolf and Jeffry.

El Blaze should sound Mexican, he should have a sexy, layful aura IMHO. Lion should sound French (he sounds like a whiney US schoolboy). When Lion says "You'd better take me seriously", I'm thinking "no, Lion, I can't take you seriously with that stupid voice."

5. tex

tex Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did everything I could and still Sega does not care about me or the fans. Right now somebody need to find the way to buy the copyrights to VF. Then things can get done. Tekken has 7 Tekken's coming out. Why, because Harada and Namco care about their fans. Sega or whoever is over Vitura FIghter refuse to give the fans just an update of the game. Just an update. Look at Super Street Fighter 4. How many updates do those fans get? A ton, and more are still coming. What do VF fans get, nothing. Four years of bull crap.If any one want to call me stupid or whatever, at this point I don't give a booty. But at least as a community ban together and try to buy the copyrights to the Virtua Fighter franchise from whoever owns them. Start a donation box and call it" The fans take back Virtua Fighter."

6. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
  7. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

8. Emerald_Wolf

Emerald_Wolf Well-Known Member

Good Sega gets whatever comes to 'em.

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Now if only these cyber terrorists put their skills to a good use, one that'd really teach SEGA a lesson.

10. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

I'd stop short at wishing ill on Sega.

They may not have made a lot of good decisions, but bottom line, they have made some of my favourite games, and I hope they'll continue to make at least a few good games every now and then.