1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't???

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Pinkgirl, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Question-time again:

I notice that certain moves which knock u down can be followed up by an unescapable pounce (e.g. kage's b,b+k+g - have I got it right? It's the one where he kicks low, and his back faces the opponent). There's no way one can escape the pounce that follows no matter how hard one struggles.

Which moves are these and when can you not escape a pounce (or kick/punch) when you're lying down?

I notice also that sometimes it's possible to escape a kick/punch when you're down by side rolling, or doing a handspring. And yet sometimes when you're knocked down by the same move again (which you managed to escape being punched/kicked while lying on the ground previously), you can't escape the punch/kick that your opponent launches on your character's lying down form. Why is this so? Is an escape not guaranteed?

And wrt tech-rolling, after which moves and what kinds of things can you tech-roll? Also, is there any way to escape taking the final damage from Wolf's "giant swing" by repeatedly pressing p+k+g at the exact moment you see your character about to land? I've seen it being done before (as in, no final percentage of damage taken) but have not really been able to do it. The best I've been able to do is handspring up to avoid being pounced on by Wolf again (if your character is lying there and u take some time to get up Wolf can pounce on you again after doing the giant swing).

Hope someone can help - and understand what I'm talking about. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I think every character has their own moves that results in an inescapable pounce(IP). Most moves that causes the opponent to crumble result in an IP. For example if Jeffry's d+K+G hits as a MC, a u+K+G is 100%. So is the Kenka Hook, but it doesn't need to be a MC.

Some times a handspring will not save you from a pounce, it depends on which character and what move you use. If you are hit by Jacky's P+K, K. A handspring might or might not prevent you from being hit by the pounce. I think it has got to do with your P+K+G timing.

I have seen some FAQs that tells you which throws can be techrolled.(ie. GLC's) You have to input the d|u+P+K+G the moment before you land on the ground, just like in normal attacks. Jeffry's b+P+G throw can also be techrolled. Most normal non-crumbling knock downs can be techrolled.

3. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    just a point...i remember while playing littlewild who uses jacky..sometimes i manage to dodge his pounce after his PK,K by techrolling.there was once when it missed by inches.guess tat'll depend on yr timing when u execute yr tech roll n yr opponents timing when he executes the pounce.tats my 2 cents' worth =P

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Guaranteed pounces seem viable for KD's and any move that causes the leg flop animation, eg lion's d/f+P,P or jacky's b+K+G.

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

actually,
    for Lion's f,f+p KD, you cannot pounce. you will get a hop. Dunno why. Is there such funny things for other characters?

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oh yeah, I should have thought of that. pounces only activate when you're technically grounded, not on the way. What I've seen is KD --> 'alternate pounce' such as Aoi's u+K+G.