1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

sometimes the things that people say just want me to annihilate them.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by KS_Vanessa, Nov 7, 2004.

1. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    kingsouther said:

im all for letting the ignorant ones be and not try to preach them the goodness of vf, but when they take potshots like this, it kinda makes my blood boil.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=36779&topic=17346530

fucking assholes. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately the VF series has never been well liked in the western world. Tekken v. VF, SC v. VF, DOA v. VF arguments have been raging on other boards since Tekken 1 came out to challenge VF. I'm just content with the fact that the VF series has always been tops in Japan, and that means Sega will keep making new versions for me. So I can keep kicking Llanfair's ass--over and over again, doesn't he ever learn? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kbcat

3. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Re: sometimes the things that people say just want me to annihilate th

i've got one word:

scrubs

:p

except for this guy, "Okay, let's assume you know what you're talking about. Answer these two questions:

1)In DOA:U, your opponent lands a low P. What are your options?

2)In VF4, your opponent lands a low P. What are your options?

If you can fully anwser these two questions, and still think that DOA:U is the better fighting game, well...then there's just no point discussing this with you.

Of course, I'd be willing to bet you will fail question #2."

4. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

$9 says someone from vfdc posted that

5. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

There loss tbh, you gotta love the ignorant haha /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm just content with the fact that the VF series has always been tops in Japan, and that means Sega will keep making new versions for me. So I can keep kicking Llanfair's ass--over and over again, doesn't he ever learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting a Shun card.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

7. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Eh, ppl from gamefaqs are all pro idiots at every game. Only 10% of them are actually smart and have some sense in them. I used to go to their boards for various games and until I played the games competitively, I realised more than half the things they said didn't work. So I go to somewhat more official boards to get better advice and it turned out much better in the end. i.e Thier tekken 3 advice to me was crap and Tekken zaibatsu ppl straighten things out which strengthened my play.

I only go to gamefaqs for the faqs and cheats now. Screw their boards.

8. Masamune_Blade

Masamune_Blade Well-Known Member

tekken is still more fun than VF even if it is "technically better".

Playing doa makes one feel to punch themself as the game makes no sense.

9. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Llanfair said:
    You're getting a Shun card.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be my pleasure to beat you sensless with Shun -- I didn't realize that you were getting tired of being clobbered by Wolf, Lion, and Brad /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kbcat

10. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Masamune_Blade said:

Playing doa makes one feel to punch themself as the game makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ] Huh?!

11. OffBrandNinja

OffBrandNinja Well-Known Member

It comes down to whatever floats your boat. If you dig Tekken, then you dig Tekken. That's it. It's futile to make arguments over which game is better than another, because at the core they're just ways to have fun. As long as you're hanging out with your boys and having a good time, it shouldn't matter whether you're using Akira, Jin, Hayabusa, Ryu, or whoever. Play for the love of the game.

12. KS_Vanessa

i get you but thats not the point. just cuz u think something is betta, u dont need to go bashing otherthings. i dont care if certain people liked screwing goats, but if they sed 'forget WOMEN, theyre a pile of shiT! what with the biology and their no fur!! theyre SHIT!!'

then id get mad cuz theyre comparing things to other things they dont really know bout. such as in this case, where people are wantonly bashing VF cuz it aint DOA.

i respect all othr fighting games even though its not my personal preference. heck i still think the ol mortal kombat games cud have been on to something, but i dont go bashing things for no reason..............

13. KS_Vanessa

note: i dont mean you as in yourself, i meant the guys on that board.

14. KS_Vanessa

[ QUOTE ]
    Masamune_Blade said:

[/ QUOTE ]

a matter of preference again. even more as when ever i see you at the arcades half your time is on the tekken tag machine.....................

15. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

i refuse to believe an educated person will openly state that they prefer any other fighting game over a good vf match.

and this masamune guy rocks, i want his autograph:

"SC2 is the worst, it has a fake scene, people pretending that the game is good even though it has absolutely no depth or tactics, just do a move, so long as it wasnt interrupted you are at no disadvantage "WHAT MOVE SHOULD I DO?""I KNOW,ILL TRY AAB!""

16. KS_Vanessa

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

i refuse to believe an educated person will openly state that they prefer any other fighting game over a good vf match.

and this masamune guy rocks, i want his autograph:

"SC2 is the worst, it has a fake scene, people pretending that the game is good even though it has absolutely no depth or tactics, just do a move, so long as it wasnt interrupted you are at no disadvantage "WHAT MOVE SHOULD I DO?""I KNOW,ILL TRY AAB!""

[/ QUOTE ]

lemme just state for the record that he means masumune kuma from the gamefaqs pages...............and yea, what he sed was good

17. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

DOA = GOATPUSSY

[ QUOTE ]
    i get you but thats not the point. just cuz u think something is betta, u dont need to go bashing otherthings. i dont care if certain people liked screwing goats, but if they sed 'forget WOMEN, theyre a pile of shiT! what with the biology and their no fur!! theyre SHIT!!'

then id get mad cuz theyre comparing things to other things they dont really know bout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Whack analogy Batman!

The only reason you could possibly get mad that all your buddies are fucking goats is cause they're cutting in on your action.

"A year ago I could have my pick of the finest goat in the field and now I gotta stand in line for one of the stinky ones like at the cafeteria...SHIT!"

If all my buddies were fucking goats, carpe diem mutherfucker...I'd go lay some tracks in their would-be ladies' bedrooms.

"What's a train?"

Of course, if my buddies failed to relent in their pursuit of goatpussy...think about it...everybody says it's really really good...the soft bleeting and way she chews your toenails while you lock in...the way her hind knees tremble as you bound up the stairway to heaven...you'd give it a whirl, wouldn't you?

C'mon, you know you'd think about it.

What the shit does any of this have to do with videogames? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

18. KS_Vanessa

Re: DOA = GOATPUSSY

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shuda seen that one coming!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

What bothers me more than people bashing VF on gamefaqs, are people who butcher the english language online with BS like "cuz", "sed", and "shuda".

<sigh>

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

20. KS_Vanessa

yea well live with it. i only use proper english on the net when im writing something really important.