1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Son of a *****!!!!! Down a level!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Apr 13, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Okay, this REALLY pisses me off. My Lei-Fei at the arcades has been 4-dan for quite some time, but on the brink of falling down. Again arcades -- getting past 4 is hard w/ characters other than Jacky or Lau. Anyways, I pop my card in, and see the dreaded (If you lose, you fall down a level). Playing my hardest, I knocked the guys block off. Feeling rather safe when he jumped back in (same character) and it appeared AGAIN!!! Huh? We went back and forth, me using my 4-dan Lion & Shun as well, and eventually I came back to my Lei Fei, lost and am dropped down to 3-dan.

Am I missing something? I thought the only rules from shodan to 4-dan were 5 wins / 5 losses (point for point) or 5 consecutive wins/losses in either direction regardless of previous points. REALLY, REALLY fucking steamed here.

2. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

Feel sorry. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

3. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Dude, your replying to old posts.

4. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

Are those your Ver.C Characters or VF4 EVO characters?

5. GaijinPunch

Ver. C charactesr. My Evo characters never got past 6-kyu, and now the beta test is over. I saw two people at 2-dan for Evo. Chibita, and another guy that's currently a Meijin w/ Aoi on Ver. C.

My current stats are:
    Lion 5-dan (down from 6)
    Shun 6-dan (down from 7)
    Lei Fei 6-dan
    Vanessa 4-dan
    Aoi (3-dan --- lost my 7-dan card) /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

This is something that happened to me. When I was playing in the arcade in Japan a long time ago, I happened to play against a person of my own rank Then, my friend who didn't know much about VF took my card out from the machine when I was playing. Since we had to leave, I left. But, next time I played, the match I had was a demotion match!! (My point was about 0;at -5 you get demoted) It wasn't supposed to happen. At that time, I already came down from one rank higher (8th dan, I think) I was so frustrated thinking of troubles I would have to go through to go up again.
    I figured that since some people took cards off the machine when they were about to lose, Sega made some changed and penalized people taking cards off the machine during a match. But, in many places, card slots were broken, so I wonder if there are other people who got demotion matches because of some accidental card pop out.

7. GaijinPunch

Did you pull it out after the match? That's possible. With Evolution, if you pull it out during the match or while it's writing, you can't use the card anymore, as the data is broken.

You do know though, no matter how many points you have, if you will go down if you lose 5 in a row. You could be +4, lose the next 5, and you're down a dan. Conversely, you can (and I haev many times) gone up the same way.

Another weird one -- I played a demotion match two times in a row once w/ my Lei Fei. Pissed me off. I won them both, but soon got knocked down.