1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Cali Players sign in

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Hello my name is Brian. I wanted to start this thread so we can get as many people from South Cali to sign in. When you post just leave your email and where you prefer to play. So that we can all try and meet up.

Brian
    brisal73@hotmail.com
    Los Angeles/ Orange County area

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

cameron. I live in Santa Monica, play mostly at UCLA (or wherever spotlite will drive me).

gr1bbly@yahoo.com, or PM me here at VFDC, I check in every day.

Would love to see the socal VF scene expand.

grib.

3. SUPERBalde

SUPERBalde Member

I live in San Diego and want to play VF4 so darn bad. Unfortunately, I cannot find an arcade machine anywhere near me and I really don't want to drive an hour plus to play it (okay, maybe just once) but as I know I'd play daily I don't really want to drive that far. Anyone know of any places that have VF4 in the San Diego area? I'm willing to pay about $5 a game. Shooooooo, I'm nuts.

Later,
    Balde

4. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

Hey,

Paul from Cerritos,
    Yeah - I love to play. Been practicing a lot with Lei-fei against the computer, but rather play agianst people.
    Temjin44@yahoo.com

5. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Hello, this is David in San Diego. I wish I could play VF4, but imo San Diego sucks for games. You guys can reach me at dfw (at) umich (dot) edu. I may be able to make Thursday's meeting at Arcade Infinity but not sure yet.

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    This is Bryan, aka Spotlite. I live in LA. I hope everyone can make it this week, the guy from cerritos should be able to come, right? I usually play at College Arcade, and I used to play at UCLA a lot, but I haven't in a while. I've been focusing on meetings at Arcade Infinity with Grib and Brisal, it's a really nice setup there.

My e-mail is bryanburk@hotmail.com.

please come and play with us!

Spotlite

7. Brisal73

Balde and Akira should drive up together once in a while. You guys both live in San Diego. Just thought it might be possible. - Brian

8. Wen

Wen Member

Hi, this is Wen, another player from San Diego. I'm actually from Singapore, but studying in SDSU for a sem.

In an earlier thread I read that there's a machine in San Diego at Plaza Bonita. I haven't checked this out myself, though, since I've only been here for two weeks, and I don't have a car.

*EDIT* Saw the later thread, oops, sorry about directing you to a wrong place. Anyway I'm game to play also, if you ever drive up or something. I live on-campus at SDSU. Maybe when the console version's here?

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey Wen! Was supposed to meet up with you in Singapore, but the meeting never materialized. Bleh. Anyway, hope you're having fun in SDSU... if ever you're up in Northern California, send me an ICQ at 5836001 or give me a call on my mobile (private message me and I'll leave you my wireless#)...

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hey,

Talis here from Riverside. My wife Catherine plays as well.
    We'll go to AI this Saturday at about 7:30 - 8:00

11. chandlerz

chandlerz Member

Anybody know good places to play in South CA?
    I went UCLA and tilt in LA, but nobody play VF.

I checked VF in there, but best straight wins was about 10....
    When and where do you play VF in arcade??

12. Brisal73

we pretty much go to Arcade Infinity and some people go to UCLA. We are trying to meet at Arcade Infinty this upcoming monday. Seems like we might get a big gathering