1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California pre-E3 gathering at Plague's house

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Plague, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Let's get together Friday night, May 17th, 7:00 pm, at my house.
    VF4, pizza, and Dr. Pepper make for a great evening.

Andy, Spotlite, Mike92123, Brisal73, vfakira, and anyone else who's in the area...
    let me know what you think.

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Im good to go if anyone else is.

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

cant make it MAY 17th...certain sci fi movie comes out that day

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Star Wars

Star Wars comes out on the 17th? I thought it was Thursday the 16th. We should just play all night on the 17th and go my local theatre Saturday morning /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. Seriously, Catherine and I will probably go see it on Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

I still like Friday VF4 the best, but it can be moved. Anyway, let's see who else responds.

5. Brisal73

Re: Star Wars

i think its 16 th at midnight then 17th all day...not sure though...but i still cant make it that day

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

star wars aside, I was thinking the LA people might find it in their hearts for us to make a trip to san diego soon, since david and now mike come all the way up here...

on a related note, I was thining of having people over to my place next week... It's beeen a while.

Spotlite

7. Mike90210

Ya anytime would be good for me except Mondays. Let me know if you guys wanna come down here to play. It would have to be an afternoon-night thing if its at my place if thats cool.

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    San Diego and Los Angeles

Catherine and I have no problem going to either San Diego or Los Angeles. Friday nights or Saturday afternoon-evening-nights work fine. Just need some advance notice for Saturdays. I must add that this Saturday is no good, but next Saturday evening-night should be ok.

We're also still up for hosting on the 17th as well.

9. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Re: San Diego and Los Angeles

Next weekend should be ok with me. It's possible that we could have up to 10 people playing at the next gathering. It seems that the other SD guys are interested in meeting up at future gatherings. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

10. Mike90210

Just found out the 17th isnt good for me, its not because of Star Wars though...18th or 19th would be much better. If it has to be the 17th Ill have to chose between VF4 and school.

11. Brisal73

I am cool...for friday..Star wars is the 16th..let me know

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th

We're up for hosting Friday or Saturday evening (the 17th or 18th of May). At this point please state your preferences so the date can be chosen based on majority.

As mentioned before, we're also up for driving to San Diego or Los Angeles - but certainly more than happy to host at our house.

13. Mike90210

Re: Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th

My votes for Sat. If it comes down too it though Ill probably make it Fri.

14. Brisal73

Re: Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th

saturday is good with me

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Saturday the 18th it is

Things look good for Saturday the 18th at 7pm. Looking forward to seeing you all here. VF4, pizza, and Dr. Pepper are certainly appropriate for a Saturday night /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I'll post again Friday night/Saturday morning as to how many TV's will be available (should be three, just like last time).

I've asked Mike92123 to bring his RF in case we need it for the third TV. I know that last time Spotlite and Brisal73 both brought PS2s and controllers. It would be great if you guys could do that again.

16. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re: Saturday the 18th it is

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, as my mother is visisting from Texas this weekend. Hope everyone has fun.

Spotlite

17. Brisal73

Re: Saturday the 18th it is

whoohoo...that means i might be able to win some games /versus/images/icons/smile.gif lol jk.. Sorry to hear about that Bryan...btw when is the E3 gathering

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Everything is set

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight at 7:00 pm. I figure we'll get the pizza a little sooner than last time /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. Brisal73

Re: Everything is set

SO SORRY!!! I cant make it I have to stay OT because some people called in sick...Sucks to be me... hope to see you at guys and lady at E3 though

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Great night

Thanks to everyone who made the trip out... Dave, Mike, Andy - always a pleasure to have you guys over.. Matt and Chuck - very nice to meet both of you - hope to see you here next time. Bryan and Brian, sorry you couldn't make it out - hope to see both of you soon.