1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Southern California Virtua Fighter Community Thread. For our returning guests, it's good to see you here. For players new to the SoCal VF scene, welcome to the best group of people you'll ever meet - hardcore VFers without the stereotypical hardcore attitudes.

Here's a list of people in SoCal that have VF5 Final Showdown gatherings and open their homes on a regular basis:

Brisal73: Azusa, CA
    L_A_Akira: Sherman Oaks, CA
    Plague: Riverside, CA

Please check this thread regularly to see if these peeople are actually hosting. If you don't see any activity like "Hey, come play VF at my house this Thursday," feel free to post or PM to say you're interested in getting in some games. Also, PM for addresses, directions, and phone numbers.

No need to limit this thread to VF5 night related stuff - feel free to talk about anything that you think would interest the SoCal VF community: special events, getting together as a group for food and drink, all the stuff that makes SoCal VF great.

You can join the Southern California Virtua Fighter Facebook Group

We also have Google+

Follow us on Twitter

Finally, make sure to watch us play on our Twitch TV channel.

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I'll do my best to join when FS hits!

3. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Anybody that's gonna be in the San Diego area on Monday, please feel free to come to Comic Odyssey for VF casual matches & tutorials for those new or returning to the series...

Let's get hype for FS!!!

4. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

Solooks like Im moving to S.D. in July. Im using EVO as a weekend stop on my way there. Look forward to meet up with you guys.

5. Gordon_Daniels

Gordon_Daniels Active Member

Nice! Been hoping something like this would materialize. Will keep checking this thread.

6. Brisal73

7. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Looking pretty good Brian!

8. Brisal73

thanks

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

This is awesome!!
    Imagine that we can have VF stream weekly [​IMG]

10. Gordon_Daniels

Really? This is fantastic news!

11. Galz

Galz Member

Anyone going to the party this saturday?

12. Brisal73

Most of us will be at the pre party this Saturday, but I would also keep your schedule open for June 9th [​IMG]

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Saturday, the 9th will be a VF5:FS Party at my house. Plan to arrive at 2:00 pm and stay till whenever. Brisal73 is working out ways to stream this event. [​IMG]

Bring full set-ups if you've got 'em. I've got a 19" HDTV here if needed. Make sure your system has HDMI out to make best use of it.

Please help out by bringing chips/pretzels/soda/energy drink (no alcohol, please - I like drinking, but I don't want drinking + VF Party - sorry).

I'll make a more official announcement soon.

My wife and I throw big VF parties...

Pai~Chun likes this.
  14. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I will be there

15. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

i would like to go too

16. Gordon_Daniels

Hey Plague, just curious, how long do these events usually go on for? I work weekends, but would like to attend after if it's not too late. Usually get off work at 6 pm in Corona. So probably wouldn't be able to get there till about 7 pm at the earliest.

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    We could easily go to sunrise on Sunday morning. It has happened often. 7:00 pm arrival Saturday is fine.

Good to see old and new faces.

18. Galz

Galz Member

Shouts out to

MatrixMatt
    Abraham from Az
    Plague
    Brisal
    aquasnake

Joe aka Galz

19. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Plague, any chance of something on Saturday night? I'll be around for E3 but I'll be heading back to SFO on the 9th :\

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I'm confused. The 9th is a Saturday. I want to start at 2 pm on that day. If you mean Friday, and you have a way to get here, then we can certainly get in some games. Check your PM.