1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Rebel Up is Saturday Night and the tournaments start at 4pm and I should be there around then and most likely leaving around 10pm - 12am. I would love to stop up tonight, but I am out in Vegas and gotta work in the morning.

2. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I can POSSIBLY head out to rebel up I get off of work around 3, Ill know for sure Friday

3. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    If not, no worries. I figure while I am already there it would be cool to get some games in. Its been a while.

4. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    What's up Socal? Anything going on this month?

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  5. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

6. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    Man that is far lol. I'm in SD until February, so I'll try to make it to at least one event. Where's UGC located? Nevermind, read the other thread.

IcKY99 likes this.
  7. boobiebombs

boobiebombs Active Member

PSN:
    supersonicprime
    What up SoCal VF scene! As a quick heads up, Cali Crush 2015 is in the planning this year's tournament and we're looking at expanding our lineup of games. I wanted to include VF5FS last year, but resources did not permit. Anyway, check out the website and vote for VF5FS to be in this year's event. We'd love to have you guys this year!

VF5FS BY FAR HAS THE MORE VOTES AT PRESENT.

Poll at the website below...
    www.calicrushtournament.com/info/

oneida and DurViener like this.
  8. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Voted yesterday lol

9. boobiebombs

PSN:
    supersonicprime
    Quick note. There have been several fake email addresses provided in attempts to boost votes. These votes will be discounted from the process.

10. boobiebombs

PSN:
    supersonicprime
    Virtua Fighter is kicking ass in the votes. I'm really proud of you guys. It's not a lock yet, but it's pretty f-ing close. Cali Crush has a facebook page now. Give it a like to show your support and be first to get the announcements as they come out. We're hoping to announce the official game lineup in the next month or so.

Thanks for the support, guys!

11. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    cool beans!

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  12. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. VFFS is now at the Round 1 Arcade in Puente Hills.

phanatik, cobratron and IcKY99 like this.
  13. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Saw the pics yesterday I was thinking of going sometime today .....

cobratron likes this.
  14. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Is it an actual cabinet or a console setup? That's still rad either way.

cobratron likes this.
  15. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

16. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

More pictures.
    They have two setups with 4 screens.
    Only issue I see is that the game is $1 per play aka 4 credits on card, but the venue supposedly has a game card special.
    The venue is pretty cool overall. Pin Pong tables, bowling, karaoke rooms, a bar, and a ton of japanese arcade machines.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Ellis, Seminasuke, Cozby and 4 others like this.
  17. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed at our round one.

18. MarquisPosa

MarquisPosa New Member

I was blown away when I went to Round 1 yesterday and this machine was there; never thought I'd see a Final Showdown cabinet in person. IIRC the price on the other fighting games at this location goes down to one credit on Tuesdays; don't know if there will be any Tuesday discount on this machine since it's brand new, but regardless I'm gonna go play on it this Tuesday around 7:30 if any one wants to meet up.

IcKY99 likes this.
  19. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    i might be able to do that, I'll know forsure tonight

20. MarquisPosa

MarquisPosa New Member

Just to confirm, there's no Tuesday price drop on the machine at Round 1 for now. I went tonight and LA Akira and Shidosha happened to be there; had a lot of fun getting my butt kicked by those two :) Definitely an expensive machine, but really fun being able to play on a cab. I'll continue to go Tuesdays regularly. I work in the area so other (Mon - Thur) days might be good for me as well if people want to arrange a meetup or a regular night to play there.

SoulTruth2013 likes this.